S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is currently lowered with 17" wheels on it, but im kind of thinking to go bigger. I want to lift it back up so I can slap on some 22's, but I dont know what suspension package would do the job. I want it to sit just right without having problems with the wheels rubbing or anything. Is this possible and with what suspension package. Any info would help.

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Well what kind of truck? Year? Suspension you currently have?? To get 22s on an S10 there's cutting involved and relocation just so you know. There's only a few around doing it because it just not for a daily driver, just a show vehicle type thing.

Nate

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
dude if you have to lift the truck up to fit a STREET wheel under it, dont you think that thats a problem? isnt it telling you something, like its too damn big?

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
just go with 20s if you want to upgrade. 22s look out of place on an S10 since the truck is so small. and also think of the tire size you're gonna have to run and how streetable is it going to be.
Here's an s10 with a 3/3 drop on 20s which is probably the biggest size wheel I would put on an S10 cause bigger wheels look better but then there's ridiculous sizes also.
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=478698

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its just that i had seen the godfather customs s-10 in the street trucks magazine and that truck had 22" wheels on it. They looked pretty damn good too. And by the way blazed it wouldn't be ghetto. just take a look at the truck im talking about. But i guess 20s will do. Will the tires not rub with a 3/3 drop kit on it? Or will I still have to do some mods.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
santana said:
its just that i had seen the godfather customs s-10 in the street trucks magazine and that truck had 22" wheels on it. They looked pretty damn good too. And by the way blazed it wouldn't be ghetto. just take a look at the truck im talking about. But i guess 20s will do. Will the tires not rub with a 3/3 drop kit on it? Or will I still have to do some mods.
That truck looked like shit to me, they did a half ass job IMO. But that truck was bagged (kinda). A blazer around here has 22" and it sits TO HIGH

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I think im going to go with the 20's. Will it sit good with a 3/3 drop kit though? Please let me know because I kind of want to get all this done asap.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
20s will look best with a 3/4 drop. anything more and you're gonna rub like crazy. Make sure you get good drop shocks and maybe even roll your fenders to keep it from ruining your tires.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah thats what I dont want, is for my tires to rub. I want to use my truck to go to Mexico and the roads out there are bumpier than hell. I really dont understand what you mean by rolling my fenders. Another question what shocks do you suggest?

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
as far as shocks go I like toxxics! they are pretty tough little shocks.
and what I meant by rolling your fenders is you take an aluminum bat or a metal rod and bend the fenders upward on the inside so it's not sharp and cuts your tires when you take a sharp turn.
I wish I had pics to show you. I'm sure someone will answer after me explaining it better. Where in mexico are you going? cause that's true about the roads being bumpy but it all depends on what part of mexico you're going to.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im going to monterrey mexico in november. Now i understand. We arent so far from each other your from Arlington, TX and I live in Garland, TX. Thanks for the info that will be helpful when I get working on my truck, hopefully this weekend.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
hey man that pic that I posted of the black truck with the 20s, he's got them for sale. and he lives in garland too I believe.
So you have family in monterrey or are you just going on vacation?

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
hey dude i'm on AIM right now if you wanna talk instead of filling up this entire thread going back and forth. it's the same as my screen name on the forum.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts