S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
DTC built
1,300 Posts
i crushed 2 blower boxes with my 17s. that should answer your question.

·
Laid Out Daily Dragger
878 Posts
I destroyed my blower box with my 18's. With 20's you gotta tub your firewall, remove/custom fab your blower box, remove/relocate your AC, theres some other shit also, but I can't remember atm.

I'm gonna be running 20's also. Looking forward to the work! :)

·
2legit2quit
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
clean n low said:
you'll find out once you have 20's and lay frame. :D
The thing is, I'm painting my firewall in a couple months when my motor is out. I'm doing my tubs then, and I wanted to know what I needed to do with the blower, or if i should just shave it. That way, when I do get the 20's, I don't have to try to re-do my firewall with the fenders and motor in place. thanks for the help though. sorry for thinking things out ahead of time.

·
2legit2quit
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
railn20s said:
I layframe with my a/c in my first gen with 20's up front, I have to modify the factory blower box and the blower motor, but you can jsut build a new blower box, that what I am looking into doing right now
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55400&highlight=got+the+20s
OK cool, well my new blower box was only $5, so i'm gonna try to move the motor up a bit and section the bottom. It won't line up 100% with tht hole in the firewall, but it'll be better than nothin....maybe I'll make a funky fiberglass one or sumthin. How much do i need to cut off the bottom for clearance if i'm gonna run a 245/35?

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
Do you drive your blazer in the winter? I would just ditch the heat, especailly since layin frame wont be low enough after a while and your going to BD it...or atleast thats what happen to me.:D

·
DTC built
1,300 Posts
you could get a vintage heat and air system and put it under the dash. I might get one if I get tired of driving with no air or heat after a show season of being completed.

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
I'm going to rig up a 12 volt heater/fan system so i can have defrost. I dont know the details but my home boy knows, his dad is a rodder and is going to help me with that once the time comes. I wouldnt worry about heat later.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
yeah but that heater uses engine coolant, I need one that is 12v because I have already shaved my firewall...

Can someone please get some details on that unit... I heard that you can get a 12v ceramic heater at advanced auto for like $30....

·
DTC built
1,300 Posts
yea they aren't cheap, around 500$ but a buddy of mine put one in an old rod and says it's awesome.

·
2legit2quit
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LoW_1 said:
yeah but that heater uses engine coolant, I need one that is 12v because I have already shaved my firewall...

Can someone please get some details on that unit... I heard that you can get a 12v ceramic heater at advanced auto for like $30....
This is something else i'm thinking of...a small 12V heater in the dash with a little 12V fan above it blowing air through the defrost vent. i'm gonna look into this more.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
The one I'm talking about is a square unit, its like 10"x5" and it looks like one of those small heaters that you would use in a bathroom, I saw it at a hot rod drive in, and the guy showed it to me, it didnt defrost the windshield though, he said he had to run some 8 gauge wire from the starter to it. Thats the kind I want because I need warmth, lol. But soon enough I wont have to worry about it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts