S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have to get new wheels and i always wanted an 18-20...but i was thinking about some tire sizes and it seems like theyd be way to small----like one small pothole would end the rim...anybody have 20s on the rear with any problems....and whats everyones opinion on this combo
thanks

·
I got nothing...
398 Posts
I've been debating on whether to do all 18's, 18/20, or all 20's. I've found that most tires offered in those size are directional. So if I went with the 18/20, I would not be able to roatate them unless i dismount/remount (PITA!). On the other hand, if u plan to bag or BD, a 20 is a bitch to get to lay out in front but look good in back tucking. Then there's the 18's. No major mods to get to lay out but c'mon, they're 18's....i've seen civics with 18's. Everyone that I've talked to has said "Go big or go home" but its not their truck, so i dunno....

-Kevin

·
Lazy Ass Member
186 Posts
i've got 20s all around on my daily driver with a 245/35/20 tire and i havent bent a rim... just dont drive like an ass and pay a bit of attention to the road and you should be fine... but if you are plannin on drivin low youll need to tub out the back

·
Registered
7 Posts
fronts bagged, i have all for the rear just havent gottin around to it. Im def. running 18's in the front...im debating about the 18 or 20 in the rear.

you guys think 20s look cool on the rear when its layed out?
keep the opinions coming

·
Red X = Pure Sex!
3,366 Posts
hell yeah, 20's in rear with bags looks killer! I got 18's all around instead of the 18/20 combo because I want to be able to rotate the tires and I got a deal I couldnt pass up for the 18 inch tire/wheel combo. 20's are a bit too pricey for me at the moment and require more work up front if you want to bag. But dont get me wrong, 20's are the way to go if you have the money for them. But I prefer the look of having same size rims in front and back than the combo look, either all 18's or all 20's. Just my .02

·
I got nothing...
398 Posts
:phil: Riding home from work today...Fabolous song....
"Ridin'...but never on teenage rims"

Sorry, I thought it was funny...get the 20's

-Kevin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts