S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i got a question for yall...ok...there has been like two different people tell me that there is something that i can buy that has something to do with the air flow...or with the intake or something liek that that adds liek 20 hp...and one of the guys said that he thought the name of it was turbo tornado or somethin like that...i donno...and it cost under $100...so if anyone has any clue what im talkin about yell at me and let me know...thanks:shrug:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well actually i really dont know what im talkin about...lol...i was just wonderin if there was anything like what im talkin bout

·
littleX10
70 Posts
I know what it is, its 2 additional cylinders mounted to the front of the 2.2 and displacing 1.05 Liters ea. Making it a 4.3 V6 and costing $99 for parts and labor. Huh I wish huh?

·
Registered
162 Posts
yeah I know what it is

it's called the tornado. it's swirl shaped to spin the air coming into your throttle body. Personally I'd get a tbi spacer from helix for 70 beans. the tornado wouldn't work because of the way our intakes are designed. it would swirl the air way to early and make no difference by the time it reached the tb. go for the helix tbi spacer. JCW has them. later

·
Registered
77 Posts
For $70 bucks I will sell you an aluminium can I cut up that will do just as much as that tornado crap. Anything like that is a RESTRICTION in your intake and will just slow you down. Any claims made of better fuel mileage are due to less air going in to the engine, thus requiring less fuel!!!!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats the deal on that extra two cylinder thing...i aint ever even heard of anything like that...and how much does it cost and how much trouble is it to put on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts