S-10 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

Still playing around with interior stuff. I want to add some red to the interior, just don’t want it to gaudy. I’ll probably order Katzkins, due to the price, and I can install them myself. My interior guy isn’t a fan of katzkin, but I’m not looking to spend 6k on my interior, since this is a daily driver and not a show truck.

Also, I’m thinking of shaving the rear tailgate handle. It is so ugly, and sticks out like a sore thumb. The body shop didn’t paint it like I asked, miscommunication, but, I think I’ll just remove it all together, and install the backup camera under the lip of the tailgate above the handle area.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have Katzkin leather in my 2017 Camaro SS and I have been very happy with them. It feels softer than factory leather to me. I'm not sure which type I have since I bought the car used 3 years ago and the seats had already been done.

20180217_203318.jpg

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

Well from washed and clean, to a small storm and bam, lookin all dirty.. ugh.
My brother picked up the truck and it’ll be sitting waiting for me to get back home.
At this point I have no idea how it rides, feels, sounds, drives, going to feel like an entirely new truck.

You can see in this picture I need to install the roll pan, and the inserts for the wheels that cover the lugs. The new grill, headlights and bumper are all waiting for me to get home..

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Got about 100 miles on the truck now, and overall I’m pretty happy with it, definitely need to swap in a different muffler, the one that came with the exhaust might as well be straight piped it’s so loud.

The front end rubs on bigger bumps, so I’m going to have to do some relocating of times under the hood to make clearance.

Next week sometime I’ll pull the front apart to swap over all the black painted parts and finish the dechroming.

I ordered the tailgate handle relocator, once that is here, ill shave the tailgate and add the rear roll pan at the same time.

Also, there is a vibration coming from the rear above 70mph. I think the pinion angle might be off.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

Well almost a year from when I left, here it is sitting right where I took the last pic when I left.
Lowered, wheels/tires, full performance exhaust, cam swapped, CAI, dyno tuned..
Still have the blacked out front end to install, the new 12” touchpad head unit to install, and then start building the audio.
In the next few days I’ll bring home Alice. So much to do to that one, but I’ll most likely just enjoy it until the beginning of the new year. Then I’ll tear it all apart, powder coat the frame and start all the graphics.
Most of my parts for the Scouty are here. Need to get it on the lift, and get the body off.
All the joys.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

·
B4U Task Force Admin
28,994 Posts
turn to? or tunr around to? or to the window, to the wall... :)
thank you, but no reason for thanks, it's a job, I wanted to see if I could do it, here it is 18 years later.. lol
much appreciated.
Turn to, was a phrase we used in the USCG to tell people to get to work...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts