S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Chevrolet S10 LS extended cab modified with all 2002 S10 parts rebuilt internal and External
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering is a 2014 Chevy Cruze Instrument cluster would work in my 2002 Chevy S10 4.3L?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
28,611 Posts
You’d be the first...

·
Registered
1996 Chevrolet S10 LS extended cab modified with all 2002 S10 parts rebuilt internal and External
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone have a pinout for 2014 Cruze cluster? I'm going to grab one of these and see what I can do to figure it out. I'm also going to get a hold of the steering wheel for this and I want to see if there's some special things I can do to try and use the buttons and stuff on it for things. I'll post updates and let everyone know what I find out but if anybody has the pinouts for the steering wheel and the cluster for the 2014 Chevy Cruze that would be great

·
Registered
2003 S10 4.3 2WD
379 Posts
I just have to ask.... why would you want anything from one of the junkiest cars ever made put in a good truck?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I just have to ask.... why would you want anything from one of the junkiest cars ever made put in a good truck?
I'm just looking to modernize my truck. So far I have a 96 that is a 2002 essentially. I'd rather use the 2019 Chevy Blazer cluster

·
Registered
128 Posts
The chances of the older ecu successfully communicating with the newer cluster are pretty slim. I can't say for certain how much GM has changed their can-bus systems in that 12 years but I know they REALLY pushed for the bcm to take care of a lot more things in the newer cars.

You probably can make it work, but it's unlikely to be plug and play once you splice some wires together. I'm sure they have translation devices available to communicate everything.

You can also get an OBD2 bluetooth scanner and install a tablet in the dash. Custom AF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts