S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Each Fall the SEMA Show brings together tuners, car customizers and even folks from the realm of motorsports to showcase some of the most wildly modified vehicles in the world.

Along with the usual elements, this year watch for the Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ to steal the show like they have stolen the hearts of car enthusiasts around the world. Plus, Meguiar's will return with its Car Crazy International Vehicle Showcase while the Global Rallycross series will put on an exciting demo event.

AutoGuide will be on hand October 30-31st to deliver live reports, photos and video on all the major reveals. Plus, watch for our Top 10 Worst Cars of SEMA list to make a return.

More: 2012 SEMA Show Coverage on AutoGuide.com

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
you should be removed from this forum you ass clown.

Where do you get off posting a member from this site in your 10 worst vehicles of SEMA?
While you may not agree with all different scenes of the automotive enthusiast hobby, you were quick to pick on a lot of trucks from the mini-truck scene.

If you dont like what we do, then get the **** off our site.

Anyone else agree?

·
32,805 Posts
:haha: No true automotive enthusiast takes Autoguide or it's reports serious. Especially custom automotive enthusiast.

BTW, Mr Colum Wood, you do understand the irony of your video right?

You made a video about the "worst vehicles at Sema 2012", but that video itself is one of the worst produced videos to come out about SEMA 2012. Not judging it on opinion (like saying how that music sucks, which it does), it's just technically an awful video. And it's comes off as a desperate attempt to seem cool. You and your person with the camera (don't want to call him a cameramen, since he obviously isn't one) are trying to do all those panning shots which is the current trend in automotive videos nowadays, but fail horribly. Just bad, bad, awful camera work. Too shaky, unstable pans, poorly focused, awful zoom techniques, horrible framing, etc...the person with that camera wasn't even shooting the vehicles, he was just shooting what he assumed would be cool shots. The parts of the vehicle he focused in on made no sense, now with those cars and the amount of good material for a "Worst Vehicles" video, what you guys chose to focus on is just pitiful. I could go on and on about what a terrible job you guys did on producing this video... Next time, get a cameraman that knows how to shoot vehicles properly, one that has "rig" for his camera and/or a dolly.

This is the type of video I'd expect to came from a couple of 10 year old kids with an iphone, not the type of video that is produced by an automotive website.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Agreed, autoguide.com can kiss my ass. Lucky I didn't find the dumbass narrator cuz believe me I was looking for him. Seemed you had a thing against kal koncepts since you have included rides in previous years in your pathetic little list. I think you should've tried to interview all of the owners for your video. Doubt you would've made it very far. I would like to see the rides autoguide.com builds haha.

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
Some balls you have AutoGuide.com. Your entire video was fail. The only thing you could really focus on that was really ugly about any vehicle in your video was the very last one and it was in the trunk.. Every other vehicle you decided to single out had hours apon hours of hard man hours into and in no way looked like a pourly put together ride.
Luckily someone didnt fine you at the show and knock every tooth out of your garbage speaking mouth.

·
I has s475
6,885 Posts
It's really sad this nerd has to make this video i would like to see anything he has built prob a phucking prius with a fart can on it. O he prob has alot of money and is that guy who goes out and buys a brand new ZR1 to wrap it around a tree the next day. Like i simply stated above get phucked stay off are forum with your bullshit!

·
32,805 Posts
Re: WORST 2012 SEMA Show Coverage

He shouldn't get beat up for giving his opinion on vehicles at a car show. And if you're building a SEMA bound vehicle, you have to accept the negative opinions, along with the positive praise. It's a car show (more or less), the vehicles are subjecting themselves to being judged. Almost all of us all judge talk smack about cars we find ugly, or hacked.

And yeah, the guy in the video, Colum Wood, the editor-in-cheif at autoguide, isn't really much of a custom car guy, he is more along the lines of what Tuckin15's described him as.

He didn't compile this worst of SEMA list based on build quality or anything like that. Highly doubt he has the experience to anyways. I bet what he did exactly was quickly find a few gaudly looking vehicle, have his friends film them a bit, then went over to that one car and filmed himself talking. They made this video to get traffic to their site. And actually the more controversial it is, the more traffic it will get, and the better job he has actually done. Traffic = $$$ You guys want to get him, don't repost the vid or coverage anymore.

But that video is so poorly made video on all aspects. It's basically below amateur level videography, and is not what hould be excepted to come out of a website claiming they are a professional automotive news site. Even the photos from SEMA that autoguide is posting up in their coverage are horrible. Seriously, Colum and the autoguide staff, contract out some decent videographers and photographers next time, so many talented ones out there that there is no excuse for you guys to be putting out should horrible quality vids and photos. Just makes the irony so great being it's about the "worst" of SEMA.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
That is true ^^ but I have seen some easily offended car owners/builders at some of these car shows. There are polite and respectful ways to have a negitive opinion and then there is what this guy (Colum) did, which may translate to some proud car builders as "Please come teach me a lesson, I have no manners"..

·
Registered
230 Posts
is this ass clown for real?? there is a reason why they are called customs and obviously he has no sense at all in what hes saying

·
99 4 SHOW & 02 XBLAZE
2,055 Posts
What mini truckers like us want to see a bunch of rice burner cars that run on high octane soy sauce.keep them out of our country:rant:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts