S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got called back in to work last night, stopped on the side of the road & used a flashlight to get the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PisOnCavalier said:
Thats great! Any secrets to keep it running this long?
Yeah, a 3.4 crate engine swap @ 193,269 miles. Of course I expect it to be still runnin @ 393,269 miles!

·
Club H.A.S.T.E Turtle
408 Posts
You don't need an engine swap, you need a lotta TLC. Mine's got a buck and a quarter on it, only 2 water pumps and one heater core replaced, besides the fluids and tuneups.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
my 4.3 died at 115000 when the water pump blew and dumped the whole radiator befor ei could see it overheating and then locked the engine completely up...it sucked but now i ahve like 7000 miles on the new 4.3 runs like a dream :-D bout ready for a tuneup tho

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
try 215,000 hehe

My 87 2.8 has 215,000 on it and still runs solid. It was rebuilt before I bought it back in 95' i think and it had around 75k on it. Since then I've had to replace-water pump, heater core, head gaskets and some small stuff. Recently I took it to the shop due to constantly leaking v. cover gaskets.. to find that the PCV valve on the tbi was clogged. Soon I'll be taking it to get the rear main seal replaced too. I've been looking for a 2.8 mpfi engine from an older camero but no luck yet. Even though it's got all those miles on it, I have no complaints. It still gets decent mileage as well as nice torque. For example, it's an automatic and I can easily smoke the tires in 1st and bark 2nd. Not to shabby huh.. LOL

Later
Mike
EC Founder

·
Registered
275 Posts
Don't ask how

My brother had an 89 with a 2.8L that he just got rid of and is still running as far as I know. It was pushing 300k and was never rebuilt!! Just goes to show you that if you take care of it, it will take care of you!

·
Dr. Pepper is ma BITCH
473 Posts
My minivan

thats nothin' my moms caravan has over 350,000k on it and she still runs great with no major repairs:sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :monkey:

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
My 2.8l made 202k before it gave up. The 4.3 I put in has about 95k on it and goin strong.

·
Gauge Moddin'
38 Posts
My '88 has 197,xxx on the original engine and tranny(as far as a i know) Just age related probles here and there. I have noticed something tho. The parts on this truck last so long that when they eventually do give out, the bolts/fasteners are usually sized up! :D I have had to rig up the t-stat housing using two nuts on the bolts because of this. As well as one on the water pump. I can't complain, I love my truck :bowdown:

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
well since everyone is at it mine has just over 151K on the 2.5 with only a replaced water pump and clutch.

·
Registered
120 Posts
my S-10 blazers 2.8 had over 180k on it when i decided to go with a 350,thanks to a drill I now show 2275 on the speedo lol.
Now talk about miles,my work truck has over 800K,thats right 800,000 miles and still runnin,had to have the heads reworked.
OH yeah its is a FreightLiner lol,we put over 75k on it in the last 3 months

·
Registered
183 Posts
i have a 96 sonoma with 74,000 and so far so good no problems

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
84 2.8 114k!!

Wis bang how do you like that 3.4? thats what i want to throw in when my 2.8 lose's its legs. How much work was that swap? i heard it pretty easy! or did you have it done?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts