S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My build has been a $300 truck to daily drive turned crazy. Watch my video of the build so far, but I am pulling the motor soon and building a forged striker for it. Also should I keep her ugly?

·
Registered
826 Posts
I am pulling the motor soon and building a forged striker for it.

I can’t see the YouTube video in this country I'm at. But, why a forged rotating kit? Are you going for more than 900-1200 hp? How fast are you wanting to go, or just bragging rights? It’s a proven fact 4.8/5.3 motors can sustain turbo'd 600RWHP which is like 700+ crank hp with only a cam and valve spring change.

Just curious to your end goal on this project.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The plan for this truck is to drop on a blower I plan to CNC as well as run a 150 shot consistently at the track. I race several cars in several different divisions, and do not want to be the guy that pukes internals on a motor that is so loose. I have built several stock 5.3s that make awesome power with stock bottom ends, but If it’s coming apart, might as well put the good stuff in it to handle the boost.

·
Registered
826 Posts
supercharged and nos, i like your style!

post up pics when you get a chance, i always love seeing builds when i cant touch anything for a year

·
Registered
253 Posts
Out of curiosity, why not a 6.0L iron block instead of the 5.3's?
If you havent' already ordered it, Texas Speed has good prices on their parts and are good folks to deal with.
Most of us old farts still just shake our heads when we see what LS engines can do...amazing.
Make sure to start an engine build thread when you get started.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Salty Crusty, I went with a 5.3 because my shop gets them for next to nothing and I figured why not for some boost. We have put some serious boost to bone stock 5.3s with incredible results. I also enjoy a short stroke big bore 5.3 over a 6.0 for track and street use. Texas Speed products are great and we use them all the time. I built my CTS-V with a custom grind cam by them and love the results. Here’s a video of that car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts