S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car

Last photo of my second owner 145k 2.2L 5-speed sten before an ambitious (for me) overhaul.

New suspension, brakes, rims (AAH4 from a 2016 Camaro) and tires, headlight and taillight assemblies, converting all bulbs to LED (inside and out), and exhaust system. Everything is ordered/delivered, now to just find the time to do it.

ZQ8 wheels might be for sale to the right buyer.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
32,546 Posts
Four more posts and you can list the ZQ8's in the Flea Market..Pretty sure they won't last long.

·
time to get cereal
6,686 Posts
Also, if you had a white grill you'd need the white valance as well. Not sure if they still have those new.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wheel Tire Plant Car Vehicle

And so it begins. The goal for this weekend is to get the leaf springs and struts on the back replaced. All 8 u-bolts are seized so out comes the hacksaw.

Do I need to cut the left-side front leaf spring bolt? It's hung up on the fuel tank..

·
time to get cereal
6,686 Posts
You just move the tank out of the way... Easier to take the bed off to do IMO. Also, are you using an impact on the u bolts, with pb blaster and a torch? Should be able to get them off without cutting.

Also, no struts on an S10.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You just move the tank out of the way... Easier to take the bed off to do IMO. Also, are you using an impact on the u bolts, with pb blaster and a torch? Should be able to get them off without cutting.

Also, no struts on an S10.
Im in my driveway, no impact.. I bought new u-bolts along with the new blocks so I'm not worried about saving them. And removing the bed (in my driveway) is definitely not worth the cost of a bolt.

Sorry, the holler I'm from, the word shocks is interchangeable with struts.

·
time to get cereal
6,686 Posts
Shocks don't support the weight of the vehicle. There are reasons why there are different words.

·
Registered
1988 Chevy S-10 4.3L
13 Posts
View attachment 360990

Last photo of my second owner 145k 2.2L 5-speed sten before an ambitious (for me) overhaul.

New suspension, brakes, rims (AAH4 from a 2016 Camaro) and tires, headlight and taillight assemblies, converting all bulbs to LED (inside and out), and exhaust system. Everything is ordered/delivered, now to just find the time to do it.

ZQ8 wheels might be for sale to the right buyer.
How much we talkin on the rims?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Quick update: I got the rear leafs and SHOCKS replaced. Not a single bolt on the leaf brackets or shock bolts seized. PB Blaster Max is amazing.

Also, got the front shocks out. Went to replace the brake pads to ceramic but I was sent the wrong pads from the jungle website. Reordered brakes and upper and lower ball joints, tie rods, end links, etc getting replaced too.

Still waiting on spacers, got tires today 245/45/R18. Should look pretty good with the 2/3 drop.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
desertpatriot
292 Posts
Daaaamn, your beautiful S10 is beginning to look like "white on rice". LoL!

"I'm also talking to a dude parting out a Blazer about a color matched grill and bumpers"
If you need a pair of white "color matched" outside door handles, I have a pair pulled from a GMC Envoy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts