S-10 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know if there are any differences in the new 2003 xtreme, does anybody have any info on this, or pictures? I ask becasue I don't know when the cut off is to order a 2002 X. I won't have all of the down payment I want to put down, for another month ore two. And no dealers that I have been to have what i want , so If I miss the cut off date I will be getting a 2003.

·
Xtreme LSS
23 Posts
you are correct, 2003 will be your last chance to get an X... in 2004 the s-10 and sonoma are being replaced by the colorado... it looks cool, and it has an inline 5, that will be puttin out 240Hp... get em while you still can.

lata

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does anybody have any pictures of the 2004, I heard about the colorado, but I don't like the idea of a 5 cylinder

·
Xtreme LSS
23 Posts
here u go

Stylin' News

S10's Out - Colorado's In at Chevy
Everyone's talking about the new 2004 replacement for the Chevy S-10 and GMC Sonoma. While the Sonoma nameplate remains on the GMC, Chevy's mini-truck will now be called the Colorado. For many of you, that's not really news.
What will be news is the surprising, new Vortec 3500, 3.5L inline-5. That's right - better than a 4 - just isn't a 6 . . .but keep reading...
The decision to go with the new 5 cylinder means the Vortec 4200 inline-6 will not be available . . again, as hoped for by many Chevy fans. Why you ask? Well, it seems the new 5 banger is already putting out a whopping 240 hp and GM management feels the 270 hp 6 cylinder would be kind of overkill.

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is the new colorado going to be offered in a xtreme version, or something like it with a body kit and lowered. And Do you guys think that the price will go up?

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
i think the reason why they dont want to produce a colorado with an I6 is it will make the 4800 V8 look too pathetic. a lighter colorado with a 270hp I6 would make a heavy 4.8L silverado, with the same hp rating, seem too underpowered.

just my .02

·
Registered
213 Posts
WTF IS GM THINKING????!!!!!!! that thing looks like somebody stuck their @$$ in the iron maiden.

·
Registered
213 Posts
the s-series is like the best selling truck line out there.....all these damn people having kids wanting more room.....whatever happened to the days of everybody having 400hp under the hood of their station wagon...?

·
Registered
682 Posts
That is the ugliest Piece of **** I have ever seen in my life. i guess i will have my X for a while because i am not buying one of those things unless it is lowered about 10 inches and has a V8 in it.....

·
I rape little boys
1,329 Posts
no they are working on a custom type colorado...and the name for the GMC will still be the sonoma...the S-10 is changing to the colorado......and they are woring on an xtreme type colorado/sonoma.....like i said
later
Kenny

1 - 15 of 15 Posts