S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I am KT, I am from Wylie, TX (suburb of Dallas). I bought my first S10 back in 2000, it was an Indigo ZQ8, it was a 2001 model with only .2 miles on her. Never did any mods except clear corners & a Goodmark Cowl Induction hood, & Roll pan. I guess I have never been one to mod my daily driver, so it pretty much just stayed stock. Recently it was totalled, so with the insurance money I found a 2001 Indigo Xtreme in Alabama, so I flew out, picked it up, and drove her back to Texas. (Might consider doing a thread on that one also, but for now this is about a 2003 X that I couldn't pass on.

4/04/2015--I fly out of DFW at 6 a.m. on my way to Fresno, California to look at a One-Owner 46,xxx mile 2003 Black Xtreme Stepside that I found on Craigslist. (Not on a whim, had been talking to the 0wner thru email, and texts, with tons of pictures for over a month).

2003 S10 Xtreme Stepside
Black/Graphite
46,xxx One-Owner
4.3l V-6 Vin:X 4L60E Automatic Transmission
GU6 G80
Power door locks, Power Windows, Power/Heated Mirrors
Buckets & Console

Here she is that morning: I call her BB (Black Betty....(bam-ba-lam), She's so rock steady (bam-ba-lam)
And she's always ready (bam-ba-lam) & after the LS-6, she will be called BMFB!!!

In New Mexico on the way back to Texas...

Now that BB is home, here are the plans (short & long term....subject to change often)

-Find a Fleetside bed to either buy or trade my stepside for
-License filler plate
-Goodmark 4" Cowl hood
-Rollpan
-Tailgate handle relocate
-After the above 5 have been acquired get it painted (thinking about the Corvette Cyber Gray)
-Put my ZQ8's on it
-Window tint
-Exhaust (fake cat) back, Magnaflow
-Tuned PCM
-Smoked corners & 3rd brakelight
-Black Bowtie
-Debadge
-Paint door handles, wiper arms, & windshield squirters
-Rear disc conversion
-2/3 drop
-Low Square back seats
-Small audio system
-Maybe smooth & paint some interior parts
-New carpet
-Cold Air Intake
-Misc. mods I find trolling on all the S10 forums - like cutting the restrictor off the throttle plate, etc........ Anything to gain HP & Throttle Response
-Upgraded maintenance things, like better plugs, wires, cap, rotor, MSD, bigger throttle body, MAF, etc....
-Possibly a 4-link
-And the Name changer......LS6 (Turbo'd maybe)

That is certainly enough for now, so here are some pictures after I got her home & cleaned up real purdy for ya!!

Some Interior shots:

I know at the start I said 46,xxx....well it was before I drove it 1300 miles back to Texas, Still a pretty clean truck to work with. I think this thread will be pretty fun to do, so I will promise to keep it up as progress happens & might even start one for the 2001 X...that one needs quite a bit more. I am also open to any suggestions, opinions, inputs, and tips.

Thanks for looking & keep checking back. I plan on getting her up on a lift and getting some underneath pictures in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW, the first comment WASN'T about the switch from stepside to fleetside, now I owe my buddy a hundo, You should have logged on a cpl hours earlier ZQ8, I woulda split it with ya, LOL.

I expect several more, but in the end I will make the change, I just like the fleetsides better & think they look better with a rollpan. Hey, good for me tho, it might be pretty easy to make a good trade since most prefer the stepsides. Or I may just swap with my 2001 Xtreme, its got a pretty good size dent (looks like a basketball or soccerball hit it) right above the wheelwell & the tailgate needs a lot of work.

Indigo, please dont hold your breath, we need all the members here we can get, because it will be a while before the LS goes in it, it will happen, but I havent even found a block yet. I will update often with other stuff being done to it, tho. I am closing on a new house right now so most stuff is packed up in storage.

·
Registered
158 Posts
WOW, the first comment WASN'T about the switch from stepside to fleetside, now I owe my buddy a hundo, You should have logged on a cpl hours earlier ZQ8, I woulda split it with ya, LOL.

I expect several more, but in the end I will make the change, I just like the fleetsides better & think they look better with a rollpan. Hey, good for me tho, it might be pretty easy to make a good trade since most prefer the stepsides. Or I may just swap with my 2001 Xtreme, its got a pretty good size dent (looks like a basketball or soccerball hit it) right above the wheelwell & the tailgate needs a lot of work.

Indigo, please dont hold your breath, we need all the members here we can get, because it will be a while before the LS goes in it, it will happen, but I havent even found a block yet. I will update often with other stuff being done to it, tho. I am closing on a new house right now so most stuff is packed up in storage.
Haha, sorry I ruined your bet. I am a fan of the stepside but I try my best not to be critical of changes that people want to make to their own vehicles. And I understand the whole moving situation so I've got time and I'll just check back for your updates to the truck overall.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now that I could live with, the part I don't like most are the back steps, this shaved one is pretty sexy. Would prefer them steel tho, is anybody selling the steel kits aymore?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Worked on the 2001 Indigo X mostly today, had to repair the EBCM to clear the C0265 code, pretty big pain in the butt, but the code & light is gone...fingers crossed it stays. I did however run down to one of my favorite wrecking yards, the plan was to get the Brake module off of a 99 2 door Blazer that came in about 2 weeks ago, unfortunately it has already been got, but I did get a pretty good deal on a pair of 2009 Tiburon buckets & the console for $40. They are a little dirty, but nothing that cant be cleaned up....I stopped by a custom upholstery shop on the way in to get a quote on a recover. To lose the headrest, fill the area where the airbag is with new foam, and do a Black Leather w/Red leather inserts, and also to get rid of the net pocket on the back and cover the plastic in a good quality vinyl............$1300. Time to start saving

Then got them together and got a couple of cool pics!!

·
Jacob
899 Posts
gorgeous truck, gonna give me a run for the cleanest original xtreme? lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gorgeous truck, gonna give me a run for the cleanest original xtreme? lol
Thanks, I love it & have been spending more time on it lately since the transmission blew in my 2001. I checked out your thread on yours, NICE.....Wanna trade beds?!?!?!?!?! :tup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, I pretty much suck at this & keeping up with it. (and I was actually considering starting another one for my 2001, but it definately needs more work & right now its up on jack stands with a blown transmission)

Anyway, here are the most recent updates on mods. I picked up a set of 2010 Camaro 18"s & put some new rubber on them......255/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3 w/ 2" spacers all the way around
BEFORE:

AFTER:

I know some will ask, & NO there is no rubbing even at full lock, but it is also at stock Xtreme height, the lowering kit is coming in soon so we will see what happens after I drop the front by 2". The front wheel well is filled pretty nicely so I may even just lower the rear to level it out a little & see how that looks first.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yesterday I got her all cleaned up and did a little work on the front end appearance:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

The headlights are Spyder Crystal/Smoked #HD-YD-CS1098-SM
The turns I picked up off of ebay, not sure of the name brand, just the ones I liked the looks of best.

AND THEN JUST SOME WHORING:

·
Passwordistaco
5,877 Posts
Once I get the ones from the Tiburon covered and in, you will have first choice.

**** yea! don't forget about me lol :haha:

truck looks great btw

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wow!! Pool ur trucks are sexy as hell!!! Don't know if I can take all the hotness! If u don't mind me asking why two trucks?? I have a Sonoma but still want like an 02 or 03 zr2. I already have three vehicles but I can't help it, I want a zr2 as well!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts