S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has had similar problems and came to a soulution please let me know we have tried everything and no positive results so far.

·
Been there Done it
7,820 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Curious why you changed the distributor to cure a "puttering sound". My first thought would be an exhaust leak. Any driveability issues?

·
Been there Done it
7,820 Posts
Have you checked the transmission fluid level? What color is it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes we checked the transmission fluid level, it was leaking and we filled it back up. Color was red.

·
Been there Done it
7,820 Posts
Plugged catalytic converter would be my next guess.
Anybody else have an ideas?

·
Been there Done it
7,820 Posts
You do realize the 2003 4.3 has an all welded dual cat y-pipe which has to come off as an assembly and costs $300+

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
855 Posts
how bout a short video with sound? that might help[ us figure this out.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
855 Posts
take it with your phone and post it.

·
Been there Done it
7,820 Posts
You ran over a pig? Or do you have a pet pig that got under there and chewed on the wiring? When I was young we raised pigs for a few years. A lot of work for the return, but I remember they'll eat anything. That's why wild pigs are such a problem in the south. ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
You ran over a pig? Or do you have a pet pig that got under there and chewed on the wiring? When I was young we raised pigs for a few years. A lot of work for the return, but I remember they'll eat anything. That's why wild pigs are such a problem in the south. ;)
I hate when that happens, and now I'm all hungry for bacon

·
Registered
2 Posts
[/QUOT
Lol I meant crank sensor pigtail connector

·
Been there Done it
7,820 Posts
Yes I know. They do that a lot. Not the best place to have put that sensor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts