S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i did a transmission mission swap on my 4x4 s10 auto. Trans is in but now have a no crank no start issue with zero power to any dash lights lights and or gauges. Also replaced neutral safety switch. Still have no power but can jumper starter and itll go but still no gauges etc. Anyone suggest were to begin and what to do

·
Registered
1997 S10 5.3L
140 Posts
Sounds like you have a ground wire off or possibly a blown fuse. I had a similar problem on a cavalier once and i had missed one wire in the bundle of grounds.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'll bet the wipers don't work, too. There's a ground strap from the hood to the firewall with a ground connection there that I think runs the gauges and isn't tight on your truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll bet the wipers don't work, too. There's a ground strap from the hood to the firewall with a ground connection there that I think runs the gauges and isn't tight on your truck.
Where exactly is this strap? I e trued everything i can think of does anyone know if the ignition went out if it would affect the dash guages speedo, ect and cause security system lights to go nuts whenever feels like it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts