S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm on a boat!
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I didn't get lost and wander here on accident. I still have my Xtreme, but my new girl has a 2003 Eclipse. Its about time to rip the door panels off and replace the speakers and amp them up and all, and I was just lookin for some suggestions as for what to run. I am thinkin Infinity speakers all around with the swivel tweeters cuz sound and speaker location in there is horrible. It has 6-3/4 in the doors and 6x9 in the rear side panels. She REALLY doesnt want any new holes for seperate tweets, or she'd get component sets. As much as I hate to say it, the amp may be a Sony Xplod due to her funds runnin a lil short. Besides, she just wants it to sound a lil better, nothin ridiculous.

Now, my main concern.....Have any of you guys dealt with a late model eclipse??? I am curious about taking the door panels off, and how much of a bitch it is. I really cannot break anything, or I'm dead.

Any input is appreciated, whether it be speaker, amp, or install advice.

Thanks in advance.......:bh:

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
Meh......

its only a girl, buy her some coaxials or if she really wants comp. system, get some braxials.

braxials = image dynamics chameleons or CDT.

coaxials = infinity kappa or something around there.

·
I'm on a boat!
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
playa1 said:
instead of her buying everything,u buy everything,so if u break anything everything will be ok :)
Seems like a good idea, but its mostly her Christmas present from her parents, I just get the honor of installing it.

Do any of you installers have advice on removing the door panels???

:guitar:

·
I'm BLOWN
157 Posts
I worked on a 01 eclipse..it was just the same as most door panels..just those lil pop deals..jus un do the wiring from the poswer windows then pop off the trim pieces..lift the the seal over where the window is..and one by one pull of the plastic..clips

·
I'm on a boat!
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
n_v_my_noma said:
I worked on a 01 eclipse..it was just the same as most door panels..just those lil pop deals..jus un do the wiring from the poswer windows then pop off the trim pieces..lift the the seal over where the window is..and one by one pull of the plastic..clips
Thats what I figured. Thanks. Now I'm just a little scared about yankin the rear panels for those speakers.

How bout a decent 4 channel amp for a good price??? Any suggestions guys??? She doesn't need something top of the line, just something trouble free.

·
I'm BLOWN
157 Posts
Coustic or soundstream Piccaso..i had a soundstream pic 2. 440 i paid 250 for it and it was bad a$$..they are a good quality sub usually at a decent price..try www.mmxpress.com they have good prices there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts