B4U Task Force Admin
28,625 Posts
Nice....what intake are you running?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Nice....what intake are you running?
Right now I'm sticking with the truck intake until I get it smog approved here. California like's to make it difficult to motor swap . Once I get past all that I will see what my options are. Right now everything is going slow all the parts I've ordered current performance motor mounts gm oil pan Holly exhaust manifolds are delayed for 4 to 6 weeks the only thing I am receiving is the Hooker BlackHeart Transmission Crossmember this week.

·
Been there Done it
11,192 Posts
That was the impression I got. Everything from China seems to have slowed in the last 6 months. I think every factory over there is making face masks for the world. Saw an article on the news tonight about traffic jams in the shipping lanes between here and there. It's ironic they started this whole mess and now they're the one profiting from it.
BTW that was not an Anti-Asian remark. It was a simple observation.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That was the impression I got. Everything from China seems to have slowed in the last 6 months. I think every factory over there is making face masks for the world. Saw an article on the news tonight about traffic jams in the shipping lanes between here and there. It's ironic they started this whole mess and now they're the one profiting from it.
BTW that was not an Anti-Asian remark. It was a simple observation.
Tell me about it my supervisor told me that LA docs are 30 plus deep in cargo ships waiting to be unloaded it sucks the product I install for work is stuck on one of those cargo containers so my stock is running thin. Doesn't really matter right now because all my dealerships are not getting any new cars in. They use to get 20 to 30 cars a day now I'm lucky to see 2 or 3 a week right now if it wasn't for used cars I would be underwater and there's not that many of those since the prices have tripled on used cars the demand is high for them.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just ordered a LS bellhousing and HD-GM92 TMBX torque converter .I decided to swap the 4.3 bell housing off my 4l60e instead of doing the spacer on the flywheel to make the 4.3 bell housing and converter work.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
A picture from the inside of my new radiator making sure it was a three row like they said. The eBay fans need to go but for $170.00 to my door can't beat the price radiator with fan shroud cut for two 12-in fans. I have the same radiator in my work truck for the last 5 years with no issues.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
I got lucky today found a good 4l60e out of a 06 Tahoe 2wd $190.00 at my local Pick-n-Pull looks like it was rebuilt back in March of 2017 there's a sticker on the torque converter. The only bad thing is the brain surgeon that works there used an air chisel to poke a hole through the pan and it went through the 1-2 accumulator housing then they used that yellow crayon like marker to try to plug up the hole and turn the fluid reddish yellow in the pan. So I need to replace the pan and the 1-2 accumulator housing and it should be all good. I'm going to check with my local transmission shops see if any of them have a transmission Dyno so I can have them check it out.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Just picked up a set of 243 heads today a good match for my LS6 cam. And I also finished up my 06 4L60e I replaced the pan that was damaged and replaced the 1-2 accumulator housing that was also damaged. I also did a TransGo SK-4L60E Shift Kit & Valve Body Separator Plate . And I cleaned and painted the transmission.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I finally got my Hooker manifolds 71223026HKR . I originally ordered them from Holly but after 6 weeks of waiting they email me yesterday morning saying they will not have them until October of this year. So I canceled the order with Holly and ordered them from summit racing yesterday got them today. Now I need to sand off where it says hooker then take them over and have ceramic coating done and it will look nice and help keep some of the heat off the upper a-arms. . And for you guys that ask why here in California where they suck the fun out of everything automotive they're not legal for Street use here.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
thats exactly what i did , but Cali wants stock truck intake tube and filter housing NO electric fans .....so i will register mine in NM where i own property .
Where do you think I got the idea from I saw it in your thread its good idea. But I did find a workaround for the electric fans I am using thermostat switches instead of going through the PCM so not altering the programming in the PCM. I have dealt with the smog ref before in Modesto on other Honda projects I have worked on. I am using the LS1 Camaro / GTO water pump with spacers and I'm mounting the thermostat switches into the spacers. Low speed to kick in at 200f and high speed will kick on at 210f and I have a override for the AC to keep fans on.

·
always something new
54,697 Posts
hummmmm , that was a good idea , but i will still register in NM so i don't have to mess with it every year . i will also get a NM drivers license so there is no issue with being in wrong state ....lol

21 - 32 of 32 Posts