S-10 Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Old Fart
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Congratulations on the wheels! I too have wanted Torque Thrust II since high school, but that was only the '90s for me! They look sharp.
Thanks, I am hoping that after I get my swap done I can get back to work on my 57 and get another set of 17s for it as well. :)

·
Old Fart
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I picked up my 8.5 from Western Drivetrain with a new 3.23 ring and pinion on a Tru-Trac diff. When I got home I ordered new backing plates and all the other brake parts so it will be all fresh when I install it. The JY listed it as being a GovLock but when we pulled the cover it was an open diff No big deal since I was planning on the Tru-Trac anyway.

·
Old Fart
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
My rotors and calipers arrived and I finally found the correct backing plates thanks to Harley. I hope they don't take too long to arrive so I can finish getting the 8.5 ready to install.

·
Old Fart
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Been working on cleaning old paint and rust off the 8.5 to get it ready for the new brakes now that I have it home from Western Drivetrain. Nasty dirty work but it needs to be done.

The correct new backing plates also came and I bought the 1/2 inch studs to match the fronts in the hubs for the brake upgrade there. I have so many projects going at one time that I keep bouncing back and forth to that progress is slow on all of them.

I'm working on home improvements, my truck, my friend 76 F250 that has been sitting for 2 or 3 years, and his 72 SS454 El Camino so I'm spread kind of thin but I have a hard time saying no to friends in need. He loves his trucks but has no mechanical aptitude and I would hate to see him get ripped off taking them to a shop that might take advantage of him.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts