S-10 Forum banner

221 - 240 of 255 Posts

·
Old Fart
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Try the reverse sockets in the amber hole. There's a US spec socket that fits it just fine - I used them on my Blazer tails, but don't remember exactly, which. Reverse makes sense in my memory because it's a single filament application.
I ordered those but they were clocked wrong for the Brazilian lights.

·
Old Fart
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
I sent a message to the seller...confirms aftermarket. Sent another just now asking if they came with pigtails/plugs.

Edit: The guy in Brazil is on top of his email...no pigtails.
I asked him if he would get the correct ones and sell them to me and he said no.

·
Old Fart
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Shoukld have asked him which plugs worked...
I have some 1156 and 1157 sockets coming to satisfy my curiosity and I will let you know what I find out when they arrive.

Reactions: Rhotpursuit

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,730 Posts
I have some 1156 and 1157 sockets coming to satisfy my curiosity and I will let you know what I find out when they arrive.
You'd think he'd know what sockets are required.

·
Old Fart
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #226

·
time to get cereal
4,640 Posts
The sockets aren't anything special, I'll take a picture of mine eventually. They don't use round base bulbs.

·
Old Fart
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
The sockets aren't anything special, I'll take a picture of mine eventually. They don't use round base bulbs.
My original ones don't fit and the ones from the parts store didn't either so I'm trying to find out what does without modifying.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I've got the leftover sockets I used on the Blazer at the shop in Michigan, but fortunately I'm here in Michigan haha I'll take a look before I leave and probably bring them back with me.

·
Old Fart
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
I never seen this, nice!
what’s up with the tailgate lock, aftermarket? Or a door handle?
Aftermarket found it on eBay.

·
Crazy Engineer
157 Posts
I really gotta get on here more often. Nice to see a set of those taillights in the wild they look good!! I just got a set of each for my trucks since I hate the way the lights are stock. The lights are meant to use the blazer bulbs and connectors (I'm guessing brazil trucks use "blazer" wiring harnesses since those are the only ones gm made to support separate bulbs). Since I'm replacing the entire truck harness with a Jimmy harness on my truck the lights are "plug and play" no mods necessary.

How did you wire yours? Did you get a blazer/jimmy 4 pin flasher and run the missing wiring? Or did you splice into what was there. Do your brakes override your hazards if you have them both on?

·
Old Fart
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
I really gotta get on here more often. Nice to see a set of those taillights in the wild they look good!! I just got a set of each for my trucks since I hate the way the lights are stock. The lights are meant to use the blazer bulbs and connectors (I'm guessing brazil trucks use "blazer" wiring harnesses since those are the only ones gm made to support separate bulbs). Since I'm replacing the entire truck harness with a Jimmy harness on my truck the lights are "plug and play" no mods necessary.

How did you wire yours? Did you get a blazer/jimmy 4 pin flasher and run the missing wiring? Or did you splice into what was there. Do your brakes override your hazards if you have them both on?
I used the trailer CHMSL wire to the brake lights then routed the turn/brake wire to the turn signal then I cut the rear turn signal wires at the turn signal switch and spliced them to the front turn signal wires. Brakes no longer override the emergency flashers when done this way.

I don't know why the Blazer sockets would be different than the trucks other than the extra one for the turn signal seems strange to me but on my next trip to the boneyard I will get a set to see.

I wonder why your backup lens is darker than the turn? Mine are the same tint.

Reactions: d0u8l3m

·
Crazy Engineer
157 Posts
I used the trailer CHMSL wire to the brake lights then routed the turn/brake wire to the turn signal then I cut the rear turn signal wires at the turn signal switch and spliced them to the front turn signal wires. Brakes no longer override the emergency flashers when done this way.

I don't know why the Blazer sockets would be different than the trucks other than the extra one for the turn signal seems strange to me but on my next trip to the boneyard I will get a set to see.

Nice, that's a great way to do it!

There's something in the reflection in the lense of the light, they are the same tint irl.

·
Old Fart
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Nice, that's a great way to do it!

There's something in the reflection in the lens of the light, they are the same tint irl.
I'm curious what part of the country are you in?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts

You should be able to remove the CHMSL relay to separate the brakes from the turns and flasher without splicing the wiring in with the front.

·
LS1 powa!
2,196 Posts
You should be able to remove the CHMSL relay to separate the brakes from the turns and flasher without splicing the wiring in with the front.

View attachment 347037
This is the confirmation I needed. I don't understand how removing the CHMSL relay prevents both brake lights from working (according to my wiring diagram). BUT, in addition to pulling the relay, there is a blue wire at the tail light harness connector that carries the brake-only signal. Combine those two elements, and the wiring/install is a snap.
I do want to confirm that all I need now are Blazer tail lamp sockets to plug into the lights...

·
Old Fart
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #240

View attachment 347037
I was told to jump some terminals at the relay but chose to do it the way I have done before rather than trying to get to the backside of the fuse/relay block. I did this on my Datsun 620 except there was no CHMSL so I had to run a new brake light wire from the switch to the rear brake lights. If you remove the relay wouldn't the CHMSL no longer work?

221 - 240 of 255 Posts