S-10 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 255 Posts

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,730 Posts
Another member is in Brazil now...$80-90 for new truck lights. Shipping would probably suck. I'll have to check.

Reactions: dnyce

·
time to get cereal
4,640 Posts
Still probably cheaper than what I payed for them.

·
Old Fart
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Another member is in Brazil now...$80-90 for new truck lights. Shipping would probably suck. I'll have to check.
I paid $147 shipped on eBay from a seller in Brazil. He has smoked and regular both. Now that I have them on and working I really like them. :cool:

·
time to get cereal
4,640 Posts
dang, I'm definitely going to need a 2nd set for the new truck. Maybe smoked on this one? Can't decide, lol.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,730 Posts
I paid $147 shipped on eBay from a seller in Brazil. He has smoked and regular both. Now that I have them on and working I really like them. :cool:
Was it this guy??? Are they factory or aftermarket? Hows the fit?

·
Old Fart
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Was it this guy??? Are they factory or aftermarket? Hows the fit?

Yes that's him. They fit like stock but the bulb sockets are a little different so I had to modify them a little with a dremel, no big deal.

·
time to get cereal
4,640 Posts
I think all Brazilian tail lights are aftermarket. Not sure if GM actually made them. Mine came from Sweden and are marked with a name I don't remember off the top of my head, and say made in Brazil. Definitely slightly lower quality than the U.S. spec tail lights, but they look cooler so...

·
Old Fart
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
They must use different light bulbs in Brazil, maybe 1157s?

·
time to get cereal
4,640 Posts
I got the pig tails with mine, the sockets that they used from the factory don't even fit the tail lights very well, lol.

·
Old Fart
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
I think all Brazilian tail lights are aftermarket. Not sure if GM actually made them. Mine came from Sweden and are marked with a name I don't remember off the top of my head, and say made in Brazil.
They look and fit like factory better than the aftermarket lights that I had before.

Reactions: manbearpig

·
time to get cereal
4,640 Posts
They look and fit like factory better than the aftermarket lights that I had before.
That I would agree with. They fit and look factory. The plastic used is more brittle though. That is mostly what I noticed. I got used parts that had broken mounting points so I got very intimate with them. I wasn't too happy because I thought I was getting good parts. Live and learn I guess. If this guy in Brazil is selling them new, I'd definitely be interested.

·
Old Fart
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
I got the pig tails with mine, the sockets that they used from the factory don't even fit the tail lights very well, lol.
After a little trimming mine fit good.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,730 Posts
We're just suckers for a little orange in the tail lights... 😂 😂

·
Old Fart
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
I think they should be required like in Europe because the amber gets people's attention better. ;)

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,730 Posts
I sent a message to the seller...confirms aftermarket. Sent another just now asking if they came with pigtails/plugs.

Edit: The guy in Brazil is on top of his email...no pigtails.

·
time to get cereal
4,640 Posts
Yes! I'm grabbing some now, lol. If they are that good I'll have to get a 2nd set and ditch the ones I have now.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Try the reverse sockets in the amber hole. There's a US spec socket that fits it just fine - I used them on my Blazer tails, but don't remember exactly, which. Reverse makes sense in my memory because it's a single filament application.

·
Old Fart
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Try the reverse sockets in the amber hole. There's a US spec socket that fits it just fine - I used them on my Blazer tails, but don't remember exactly, which. Reverse makes sense in my memory because it's a single filament application.
I tried several sockets and couldn't find one that fit so I ended up modifying them to make them work. If you could come up with a part number that would help. I couldn't find one for the double filament location either.

201 - 220 of 255 Posts