S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Old Fart
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been suggested that I should start a build thread since I'm doing the engine swap on my truck, so here goes.

For those that haven't seen pics of my truck I will start with what it looks like now.

·
Old Fart
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the L33 that will be going in eventually. I'm not going to take the truck apart until I have all the pieces in hand to do the swap so it will not be out of commission too long.

·
Old Fart
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just received the calipers and rotors for my brake upgrade, waiting for Sean to get back to me for the adapters.

·
Old Fart
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new mirrors that I just got back from my painter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Going to be a nice build, I'm thinking about doing a swap with my 03 blazer xtreme , with a spare turbo Buick GN motor, it won't be as easy as doing an LS swap but will be a nice conversion, by the way what are those mirrors from? Or where did you get them?
good luck with the build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Old Fart
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going to be a nice build, I'm thinking about doing a swap with my 03 blazer Xtreme, with a spare turbo Buick GN motor, it won't be as easy as doing an LS swap but will be a nice conversion, by the way what are those mirrors from? Or where did you get them?
good luck with the build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are Street Scene Cal-Vu sport mirrors that I bought from Summit Racing. I bought the top ones that plug into the factory plugs and are heated power mirrors but you have to run the wires for the turn signals since that was not a factory option.

Those GN engines can make some serious power. I remember when there were some racers trying to get the NHRA to let them run in Pro Stock. They were here doing testing at the Mile High Nationals that year and they decided they had an unfair advantage since they were faster than the big V8s so no go. I have always been a fan of turbo engines so I was disappointed. I was running a turbo on my 4 cylinder Datsun pickup in 1979 so I have had a little experience.

·
Old Fart
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mirrors are installed and working as advertised. :smile2:

·
Registered
748 Posts
I just received the calipers and rotors for my brake upgrade, waiting for Sean to get back to me for the adapters.

Might be doing that LS1 brake swap myself, I have everything except for the brackets. I could make a set in my brother-in-laws shop if I have too.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Might be doing that LS1 brake swap myself, I have everything except for the brackets. I could make a set in my brother-in-laws shop if I have too.

theres plenty of Cad drawings of those brackets

My son wants me to make a set for his truck too
Have a local shop that can laser cut so may just do that.

·
Old Fart
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hopefully, Sean will get back to me soon as I need brackets, hubs, and the parking brake cable adaptors for when I get my disc brake 8.5 rear for it.

·
Old Fart
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm pretty sure you're older...
Not by much unless you joined the CG at age 16? :haha:

Just noticed your info doesn't include your age, what are you hiding? :dunno:

·
Old Fart
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ordered a set of LS7 Beehive springs, retainers, locks, and seals good for up to .600 lift. They should be good for whatever cam I decide on since I will not be going too radical to keep gas mileage within reason. I think I got a killer deal at $50.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts