S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the difference is in the 4.3 S10 @180hp,

ZR2 S10 @190hp and the one in the CK truck @ 200hp. The

compression in all are 9.2:1. Is the exhaust system the same?

Thanks,Gary

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
the exhaust, and ive heard the cam, int eh full size is different. the ZR2 has a "high-output" engine.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
All the fullsize trucks use a 3 inch exhaust system and a better set of manifolds. That IS the only difference and always has been. Since it uses a larger exhaust, larger exhaust lean a motor up slightly the comp will tune it slightly differently adding more fuel to compensate for the leanish running! Really just keeping the 14.7:1 ratio, so there is no different in tune and or cam!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
There's clearance issues with the steering shaft, least on my 96 4x4 there was, the 2001 2 wheel ???? They are larger in inside diameter by 1/8th .Older full sized trucks also have a tri-y manifold very similar to a shorty header, those I havent tried or know someone who has.

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
Could you not port the manifolds on our trucks? Does anyone know the exact diameter of the manifold primaries, y-pipe, etc? If GM can get 20 hp out of that exhaust setup, that's what I'll do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I guess then by going to a set of JBA"s it will pick the hp back up to 200. That should be a good start.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
i dont know anything about cams, its just what i heard...the HO engine had a hotter cam than the regular cam crane makes for the 4.3

·
Registered
126 Posts
964pt3 said:
All the fullsize trucks use a 3 inch exhaust system and a better set of manifolds. That IS the only difference and always has been. Since it uses a larger exhaust, larger exhaust lean a motor up slightly the comp will tune it slightly differently adding more fuel to compensate for the leanish running! Really just keeping the 14.7:1 ratio, so there is no different in tune and or cam!
Are the heads of the full size Truck 4.3's a better factory EX=Port?

What about the valves?

I would assume that the valve chamber's and pistons are the same if the ratio did not change!

Do the full size trucks use Vortec intakes?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts