S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to fix my daughter's truck. It began stalling occasionally, then more frequently and went from difficult to impossible to start.
I got a fuel pump from "A-Premium" through Amazon and swapped it.

I still get no fuel pressure.

Since I'm working in the gutter (literally) I may have not hooked everything back up correctly. The pump came with a new pigtail but no paperwork at all.

The pump does run. If I jump the primer terminal gas shoots out the center tube of the pump, but I am seeing nothing at the Schroeder valve under the hood. I replaced the filter recently.

·
Administrator
21,734 Posts
All pumps are not created equal...pigtails either if it didn't come with a diagram. The wire have to be spiced in a particular order, depending on how the pump manufacturer wired the pump.

If you can return it, get an AC/Delco or /Delphi. They'll come with a pigtail and wiring instructions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I appreciate that; I have no reason to suspect or refute the product being operational. I was hoping for some help in determining that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at the top of the pump; which nozzle provides which function? I get fuel pressure in the leftmost (looking from the harness side)
The hose that fits that side appears to be the return line to me though.

Am I correct that the fuel filter is on the feed line?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well.... The good news is that I figured the pump out and have good fuel pressure with no bleed down.
The bad news is that it's still broke.

Gonna change the topic...
Got Gas...
Got Spark...

That leaves timing ... need to read about the crank position sensor, I guess...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The symptoms were perfectly consistent with a bad fuel pump so I just skipped the step of actually testing fuel pressure and just kind of failed to notice that one of the 80 lights on in the cluster was "SECURITY" ... lol (I was 100% right about it being a no fuel issue, but wrong about the root cause)

Getting the pump hooked up correctly was weird because I had to make 2 new hoses to make it work right. I'm not sure what mental gymnastics lead to me getting them noodled up the first time, but I'm going to blame that on working on the curb, in the rain.

I ordered the new housing/security assembly. I'll put that in when it gets here. I guess I'll have to go through the "reset" process after... we'll see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts