S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the truck I bought for 300 dollars. It had 4.3. Auto . Has 17 inch wheels and clear tail lights. I've purchased a 98 vortec 5.7 for 300 bucks along with the harness from which I have removed the v8 injector plug and knock sensor wire and installed into the 4.3 harness and repinned for 2002 express van. I have a friend thats gonna reflash the 0411 pcm with the express van program so thats covered. Now just getting more funds for the mounts and headers. I plan on using twin electric fans off of a 96 subaru they cover the factory radiator great and are shrouded for good air flow. I noticed that some guys are flipping there valve pans to clear the air duct. I just removed the extension and screwed the oil cap straight into the pan. I'll post more as it gets done I have front spoiler I removed it to get on dolly. Pics of wiring harness are during change over to v8 and finished product.

·
Been there Done it
7,049 Posts
You're going to need a C4 Corvette water pump and Mercruiser pulley on the front of the engine to get some room for your fans. If you look at the stock water pump it sticks way out and then the belt rides on the back edge. Why? The Vette pump is simply about an inch shorter and the boat pulley puts the belt right where it belongs so nothing else needs moving. You gain close to an inch. Even so you may have to recess you rad into the support a bit.
V8S10.org has more info on the C4 pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts