S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
My nuts are dirty
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheap Intake system - (Airraid was the cheapest I could find so far)

Box for 2 tens...molded to the back of the extended cab (open to different kinds..enclosures, banpass, etc..)

Racing chip for S10 (cheapest avialable-Jet is about 250.00... looking for a better deal)

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
DrCerp8 said:
Cheap Intake system - (Airraid was the cheapest I could find so far)

Box for 2 tens...molded to the back of the extended cab (open to different kinds..enclosures, banpass, etc..)

Racing chip for S10 (cheapest avialable-Jet is about 250.00... looking for a better deal)
volant is a good cheap intake, got mine for 200 i believe from truckperformance.com
qlogic boxes from cruthfield.com is what you would be interested in
and the jet chip is about right from truckperformance.com also

·
My nuts are dirty
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crutchfield...

Yeah... they have some good enclosures for F150's... but not enough for S10's... They have a custom enclosure for 1x10in. for a regular cab... nothing for 2 in an extended cab...

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would make DIY intake over buying an AirRaid. Check out www.sshotrods.com It shows how to do it. If your at all good with your hands you can build a lot better than a QLogic box. Just buy some 3/4" or 1" MDF, caulk, glue, screws. About 1/3 the price and if you do it right, it will be built better.

·
My nuts are dirty
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hypertech Power Chip

Whats everyones opinion... It sounds so easy and convienent to just reprogram the chip... by the way... has anyone taken their chip out of their trucks??? By the sounds of a few sites, it is a nonremovable chip (94&up GM vehicles) - if it can come out - what is the added value of having a different chip as upposed to reprogramming it...

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
C h e a p I n t a k e............!

I maid my own
Intake setup.....!
all it takes it the tools
to loosen and retighten
the screws.....!
What i did was took the
of the air box off...like you
would change the filter.......!
I unbolted the bottom and left it off.....!
with just the top there i loosened
the screw on the clamp and rotated
it 180 degree's .......!
With it sitting like that
you see the bottom of the air
filter down in the space where
the bottom was on a angle......!
It makes a difference.....!
And it sounds a lot better tooooooo.!

·
Registered
893 Posts
the newer trucks dont have chips. You actually have to reprogram it. i believe the JET 'chip' is a module that fits between the ecu and the harness

·
Registered
3 Posts
SPEND A LITTLE MORE & GET THE HYPERTEC POWER PROGRAMER
YOU CAN DO ALOT MORE THINGS WITH IT, & I DO HIGHLY RECOMEND A VOLANT INTAKE. SAVE A WHILE & DO THINGS THE RIGHT WAY THE FIRST TIME, IT WILL SAVE YOU A LOT OF HEADACES.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I ordered my AirAid intake from my local performance shop for $160. But I also found it online at www.streetbeatonline.com for $144 plus shipping.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Do a search on my posts and save yourself some money and make the same if not more power...:thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts