S-10 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So I have been slacking on updating this but here we go!
For anyone that has been interested.

Got some seats for her.

Installed both I had to make custom brackets, I used thick flat bar and then welded it all together welding both sides making sure it was all as strong as possible.

Also started shaved door handles!

Sanded the whole door too going to paint the entire door.

Passenger side is at about the same amount for the door handles, Silonoids need to be installed still but I'm waiting for the rear end kit still and am going to do all the wiring at once.
Was told my kit should be in some time next week 2 weeks ago.. So hopefully soon.

Little side shot with the wheels jacked up and tucking.

Ill try to update this more often I have just been focusing on the truck and work a lot lately. Never a bad thing I don't think aha.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So I guess I have some updates on this build it’s been a while again ahah.

So the 5 link came in and it was installed.

To get the truck on the ground we got some fittings that connect to the bags so we can use an air chuck to fill them so we can run our air line and paint the frame easier.

Frame was then painted to reduce the risk of rust in the future.

Took it out for gas before a wash.

I then installed my roll pan and step shave kit.

I then got accepted to world of wheels. Waiting in line to pull inside here.

I then walked away with two awards.
1st place for mini trucks and rising star.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So it's been a hot minute since I did an update on the build, It has gone in a complete 180. This passed summer I got it to where I was super happy everything on the truck was going great bed floor need some prettying up still but was going to have a custom bed floor built in the up coming winter when a "very nice lady" with her learners licence and her lovely 3 kids under the age of 8 decided it would be great to run a stop sign into one of the business roads in my city and drive directly into the side of my truck..
This was also about 2 months after I just did full paint on it.

So after fighting with insurance to not write the truck off they coughed out a nice $8500 for me to fix it. :)
Of course I didn't just fix it.. That would be silly! Picked up a free box of my local "Craigs list" we call it Kijiji shaved tail lights calicombo in the back AVS tail lights in the roll pan got it a few months before the accident was going to build the bed floor in that box.

So the damages from the accident were not too bad. Lots of box damage, My axle was bent 0.77 Degrees that is currently being fixed little bit of the 5 link needed to be pushed back into place axle tabs were bent and one snapped.

So the damage wasn't too crazy but was still pretty mad at the situation, Took the truck to a friend of mine and convinced me to just body the truck and we ended up doing a traditional body drop on the truck.

He also took the box I had already brought to him and was being stored at his shop and built me the bed floor I was wanting.

So at this point I'm currently trying to get the truck put back together, Interior moving stuff in the engine bay, E fans ect, I have to still tack weld the box and then throw some body filler and get the inside of the box bed lined and then sand the entire truck all over again because I decided to do full paint again a nice bright red with a small amount of graphics on the side.

Will try to keep this more updated as best as I can and still have to wire up my Efans so I am thinking of doing a write up on how to install them with up to date pictures as I Have noticed a lot are out of date with photobucket pictures and those help no one anymore.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
There has been a lot more updates I will get some pictures of the rest here soon. Like the old seats are gone and replaced with some nice cloth sparcos and lots of other goodies.

·
Registered
116 Posts
There has been a lot more updates I will get some pictures of the rest here soon. Like the old seats are gone and replaced with some nice cloth sparcos and lots of other goodies.
Love it man Im in the process of bagging my 00 Xtreme step side and the bed was junk so I picked up a fleetside bed. I want to lay frame so I was thinking of raising the bed floor and make my notch bigger. I dont want to cut the bed floor. how did yours lay frame I might have missed it in the post

Thanks

21 - 30 of 30 Posts