S-10 Forum banner

2002 S10 Fuel Cell??

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  PatsBlueXtreme 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 Extended Cab Xtreme (see "PatsBlueXtreme" in the Showcase) and I just put a hidden hitch on it behind the roll pan and license plate. That meant I had to take out the spare tire and the tire lift as the hitch will not allow the tire to fit in the spot anymore. I am thinking of putting a fuel cell between the frame members and up against the bottom of the bed. I would then move the fuel filler from it's current location to right in front of the left rear tail light. This would help with more weight over the rear tires and bring the truck more towards 50/50 front/rear weight ratio. Has anyone else done anything even close to this?? Pat

#5 ·
RCI makes a nice fuel tank that i used on a street rod about that same size. 17 gallon. only pain is that rci uses an 8 fittings for vent pickup and return. Id also has a stand alone fuel level sender. I looked at it pretty seriously and though about putting in a OEM pump / sender but decided not to based on the gauges. I will see if i can find a link too it.
RCI Tank

#10 ·
All sorts or neck kits to put it on outside, just some piping.

Yes i had a 476 HP LT1 with motec engine managment in a 88 944 with lots of carbon fiber body panels was a fire breathing monster set up for endurance racing and top speed attack Also had a nitrous and propane injection just in case i needed another 140 HP Set for about 5 years i lost interest. Someone made me an offer i couldnt refuse

#14 ·
Wow, I bet that was fun to drive. I loved mine. But, mine was a magnet for accidents as it got rear ended, then in a bad hail storm then rear ended again~! Last straw was the water/oil intercooler leak which led low water and a blown head gasket. But in the end the insurance paid so much on it that I made $$ on the car over the time I had it.
Pat

All sorts or neck kits to put it on outside, just some piping.

Yes i had a 476 HP LT1 with motec engine managment in a 88 944 with lots of carbon fiber body panels was a fire breathing monster set up for endurance racing and top speed attack Also had a nitrous and propane injection just in case i needed another 140 HP Set for about 5 years i lost interest. Someone made me an offer i couldnt refuse

#16 ·
The Blazer tank is better than stock, but ideally you want the gas tank in front of the axle. The idea is to have your weight within the wheelbase. Same with the battery, you don't want it behind the axle. Modern RWD cars I've seen have two fuel pumps and a tank that goes over the driveshaft.

You really have to ask yourself what your goal is. You are not going to notice a difference in where the tank is unless you are really ripping through some turns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.