S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this wonderful little truck and needs a body swap what vehicles would be best to do this with? I love this little s10 would love to keep the same style.

·
Registered
2004 Avalanche. 2001 V6 Extended Cab ZQ8.
1,345 Posts
Any of the 4 doors would work. The Blazer, Jimmy, Bravada were pretty much the same truck all and all, and I believe you would need a 98+ body for compatibility. There was an interior change in 98 that made the firewall and doors a bit different for the new styling. Front doors, and front sheet metal can be from any 98+ truck or SUV.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
28,703 Posts
Country didn't supply specific info on her truck, but she did mention S10 4r door...leads me to think she may be talking about a crewcab...not an suv....or not. 😂

·
Been there Done it
11,264 Posts
She did post it in the SUV section.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
28,703 Posts
....if I had a nickel for every post I've moved... 🤣 🤣 💰💰💰

·
Registered
2004 Avalanche. 2001 V6 Extended Cab ZQ8.
1,345 Posts
....if I had a nickel for every post I've moved... 🤣 🤣 💰💰💰
You would have more than one V8 conversion truck and plenty more $$$ to share!

I assumed she was looking for the SUV body as it was in the SUV location... but I did start off as it was a truck.

·
Registered
2003 S10 4.3 2WD
406 Posts
How bad off is the body, it may be more cost effective to just have new panels welded in rather then a whole body swap.

·
Been there Done it
11,264 Posts
That far north it's likely not worth fixing. She'd likely be better off finding another that's not as rusty. About all that's really practical in snow country. I drive em until the rust starts making them unsafe. Then crush it and get another.
One of the benefits of having a friend with a junk yard is I actually get to crush it.

·
Registered
2003 S10 4.3 2WD
406 Posts
That far north it's likely not worth fixing. She'd likely be better off finding another that's not as rusty. About all that's really practical in snow country. I drive em until the rust starts making them unsafe. Then crush it and get another.
One of the benefits of having a friend with a junk yard is I actually get to crush it.
I used to live in upstate new york where they lay down a lot of salt typically cars will get rusty within a few years. But on these Blazers I only really remember them rusting at the rocker panels and wheel wells and the bottom of the tailgate.

Unfortunately this could have all been prevented with waxing the vehicle and using rust treatments that work such as Fluid Film or Woolwax and going through a full brushless car wash every 2 weeks to a month in winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts