S-10 Forum banner

2002 Chevy s10

780 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ALatschaJr 
#1 ·
My new chevy s10 always wanted 1 finally got it !...So far I've changed O ring , intake gaskets and Mafs...Runs strong but every 1st start of the day is rough and if I go 2 or 3 days it takes me a few tries to fire up , but once going am good all day ....Possible fuel pump ??

#2 ·
..Possible fuel pump ??
possibly, yes. rent a fuel pressure tester, hook it upstart it, run it for a few minutes, take notes on PSI. turn it off, take notes at 5 mins, 30 mins, hour, etc.
Let it sit a day or two, note PSI (which most likely will be zero when sitting for a length of time) Turn on key, check pressure, try starting the engine, will observinig fuel psi. Take notes on all of the pressures, and then check back with what you have found.
Another way, when truck sits, turn key on a and off cycling the fuel pump on and off to build pressure. Do this 4 or 5 times. Then turn key all the way to crank engine. Does it start up correctly?
With youre results of fuel PSI, and more information from you, we can help diagnosis your issue.

#3 ·
possibly, yes. rent a fuel pressure tester, hook it upstart it, run it for a few minutes, take notes on PSI. turn it off, take notes at 5 mins, 30 mins, hour, etc.
Let it sit a day or two, note PSI (which most likely will be zero when sitting for a length of time) Turn on key, check pressure, try starting the engine, will observinig fuel psi. Take notes on all of the pressures, and then check back with what you have found.
Another way, when truck sits, turn key on a and off cycling the fuel pump on and off to build pressure. Do this 4 or 5 times. Then turn key all the way to crank engine. Does it start up correctly?
With youre results of fuel PSI, and more information from you, we can help diagnosis your issue.
Ok will do thank you for your reply , I've heard to turn on off method but not 5 times I'll give that a try also

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.