S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 Xtreme Blazer with 118,000 miles on it, it has good oil pressure when cold and even once it get warmed up. The other day after driving about 40 miles and sitting idling with outside temps about 85 degrees, I was losing oil pressure at idle. It was running at 4-5 psi then would occasionally drop to nothing especially when running the A/C. I’m running 10-30 in it for oil now. I was thinking a weak oil pump or even worst worn crankshaft bearings. Any ideas??? Plus I have an misfire on cylinder 4 which I think could be this dumb injection spider. It has new cap, rotor, plugs, wires, and I have done a compression test which tested fine. I’m thinking about swapping to a marine intake cause this engine may see some kinda boost in the very near future.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I would put a mechanical oil pressure gauge on it to confirm pressure.
Although it has a new cap on there, I suggest purchasing another cap. #4 and #5 tend to have issues with distributor caps.
I am considering the Marine intake myself, it just makes sense. The engineer for the poppet design should be slapped!!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I had that same issue in my 03 Sonoma 4.3 a while back I would have good oil pressure in the morning but after It got warm it would drop to absolutely nothing I changed the sending unit by the distributor still the same thing then I swapped out the instrument cluster and my oil pressure was fine The oil gauge in my cluster was bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts