S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok what do you guys think? I got in my truck, backed up and died while backing up. It didnt make splutter sound or anything. It would try and start up and just wont start. The battery is fine and works great. When i turn on the ACC or turn the key to accessories every gauge but my fuel gauge moves up. So i thought maybe i ran outta gas, even though i filled it up last night. So i go and put 6 gallons of gas in it with a gas can. The guage didnt budge. So i called a chevy dealer and he told me to listen for the sound of the fuel pump to turn on, like a rev'n sound, and the pump is not rev'n up to turn on. So im thinking its the pump. Any ideas? Best place to buy a pump? Any experiences? Any Recalls?

I asked local parts stores, they want $300!!!! ****ING BLOWS!

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
ok here is your option. pay $300 and change it your self which is not hard at all ma 35 mins total time. or take it to the dealer and get charged$900.... but you might get lucky and its under warrenty which then the dealer will change it for free.

·
01 Bagged Truck 4 Sale
265 Posts
check the ground wire going to the fuel pump, and also get a voltage tester and see if the fuel pump is getting power when the truck is turning on, I had the same problem and it was because i forgot to put my ground wire back on.

·
Strictly Domestic
2,864 Posts
$300 ? You cant get the fuel pump seperately from GM. The only way the offer it is the whole Module. (sender, level sensor, pump) The pump is not serviced seperately. If you have an Xtreme Blazer its $551 list price and the Xtreme pickup is $537. Fuel modules from GM are very common. And it takes more than 35 minutes. have to drop the tank.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you guys have any idea where the ground wire is, or better yet know where i can get a picture or skamatic of the area online?

·
Strictly Domestic
2,864 Posts
The only thing you can get from GM is the in tank module, The pump, sender and level sensor come as one unit. The list prices are what i explained above. PM me with your fax # im at work

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just junked the gas tank off my 98. I will sell you the pump. It is new. I had just replaced my pump about 3 months ago. Now I am going with a fuel cell. PM me if interested. It cost me $429.33 three months ago.

·
Registered
718 Posts
i had the same problem!! i pulled out from the local store to start down the highway 3 days after i got my X....soon as i pulled out of the store and started down the road it just died on me, only 3 days after i got it brand new! it only had 330 miles on it....anyways my dad came to where i was and we put gas in it just in case the gas gauge was wrong, but it still wouldnt start....well this was on a saturday evening and NOTHING was open, but we called the tow truck for the dealer and he came got it, they put a fuel pump on it and i had it back by monday evening.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
PEKO said:
$300 ? You cant get the fuel pump seperately from GM. The only way the offer it is the whole Module. (sender, level sensor, pump) The pump is not serviced seperately. If you have an Xtreme Blazer its $551 list price and the Xtreme pickup is $537. Fuel modules from GM are very common. And it takes more than 35 minutes. have to drop the tank.
drop the tank wha? just remove the bed. actually take the bolts out and just tilt the bed. now the blazers you have to drop the tank. and from dealer they will charge you $900 for parts and labor. i never said the pump was $900.Also i know the pump is not jus the pump that it includes the sending unit and float. i just say pump because its easier for no0bies to understand

·
32,805 Posts
PEKO said:
$300 was the price I was told from some repair shops. One place was $350 installed. And at GMpartsdirect it is only $176. I had my family mechanic get one from the dealer and install it for me for $225.

·
Strictly Domestic
2,864 Posts
XonAir I know what u said. And ive done both, Removed the bed and dropped the tank. Dropping the tank is easier especially if your alone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts