S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok what do you guys think? I got in my truck, backed up and died while backing up. It didnt make splutter sound or anything. It would try and start up and just wont start. The battery is fine and works great. When i turn on the ACC or turn the key to accessories every gauge but my fuel gauge moves up. So i thought maybe i ran outta gas, even though i filled it up last night. So i go and put 6 gallons of gas in it with a gas can. The guage didnt budge. So i called a chevy dealer and he told me to listen for the sound of the fuel pump to turn on, like a rev'n sound, and the pump is not rev'n up to turn on. So im thinking its the pump. Any ideas? Best place to buy a pump? Any experiences? Any Recalls?

I asked local parts stores, they want $300!!!! ****ING BLOWS!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yeah I think that its your fuel pump, the 2001 that I drive at work had the fuel pump go out last month. Only 20,000 miles WTF?? The gas guage didnt work on it either after it died.

·
Registered
863 Posts
i had just bought a 2000 s-10 3000 miles later it has trouble starting.. it was the pump somthing was wrong with the lines that the gas flows through.. it was under warranty so they replaced the whole pump and lines .. but i only have 33000 miles.. i hope it dont happen again in another 33000 miles

·
no budget mini
435 Posts
you might as well check your electrical ground for the fuel pump (it shares the same ground as your left tail light). it's probably not your ground, but its worth checking just to be sure.

after i bagged my truck my fuel pump wouldnt start because i forgot to put the tail light ground bolt back on the frame :doh:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 96 sonoma 4 banger and intermittantly it does not start, when your fuel pump went did it quit for good, or would it start after awhile? Mine quits and then will start up 15 min later. I also get a clicking from the relays in the glove box? Anyone else seen anything like this?

·
rolling them ds
348 Posts
i wouldnt dout your pumop went bad i have a 01 x and i have had 5 fuel pump sending units in it they all didint have the same problem but hte first time it didnt start and the there is a builiten that i got at my work to fix it u replace the sendign unti and the fuel filter aparently they are undersized once they were change it felt better than ever
dave

·
Administrator
21,572 Posts
slow x said:
i wouldnt dout your pumop went bad i have a 01 x and i have had 5 fuel pump sending units in it they all didint have the same problem but hte first time it didnt start and the there is a builiten that i got at my work to fix it u replace the sendign unti and the fuel filter aparently they are undersized once they were change it felt better than ever
dave
can you post the bulletin?? I'm having fuel gauge accuracy problems since replacing my pump...twice:banghead: :banghead:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts