S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alarm goes off by itself.2001 S10 PU ,4,3/AUTO.AS FAR AS I can tell no collision damage..I don't have a chipped key, how do I find out if I need one. The alarm goes off in various times at various intravels, sometimes days will pass sometimes hours. The door will "slip" otta locked while I.m driving but doesnt open so I was thinking maybe the door catch is backing off/rattling loose? Occasionally the slider switch on the door. for door locks. will not lock with the electric lock button{ will continue to show red} but always locks by manually pushing the slider .
Is there any adjustment for the electrical door lock mechanism/catch inside the door?
Ive got the factory library {3X books, thousands of pages} but havnt really found any thing more than pictures about the latches. Anybody got a particular page/section. Everything seems to work fine{ latch/locks/window motors and mirror motor}. 3rd door latches well and doesnt rattle and the hinges are OK.
Thx, any and all ideas welcome, Randy

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,349 Posts
Sounds like you have an aftermarket alarm that's short on quality and installation. If that's the case, and you had a shop install it, I'd take it back and have them fix it. If you bought it like that, I'd remove it, put it back to stock. If you still want an alarm, take it to. a reputable shop.

·
Been there Done it
12,468 Posts
X2

·
Registered
2004 Avalanche. 2001 V6 Extended Cab ZQ8.
1,339 Posts
If the door latch is not catching make sure that the bushings for the door pins are good, and if so (ie the door does not drop at all when opened) then you can adjust the catch to hold the door proper.

X3 on the aftermarket comment from @Rhotpursuit mentioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts