S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've cleaned all the wire ends going from the brand new battery. The positive and negative ground wires that go from the battery to the bottom front are nice and tight, the ground wires under the air filter are clean, nice and tight.

Battery is fully charged.

My issue is, even with this new battery, I get 0 juice. Not a single dash light or door light nor the clock works. It's dead all around. What Ground wire am I missing?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just typing out loud here, in a sense, engine and transmission configuration may help not sure i'm not an expert by no means. The ground wire should go from the battery down to the frame rail, the frames rust i'd unbolt it there wire wheel the frame and re-bolt it down. There should be a lead off the ground wire that should run from the battery to the engine block check there if it's an iron engine block it could have rust preventing a good connection. The positive should have one wire to the alternator with a fuseable link on it, the main should go to the starter, and then another with a plug to the engine harness. thats how it was on my 95 s10.

·
Lifelong S-10 Owner
370 Posts
Check all fuses and also the fuseable links. There is one fuseable link at the battery connection that feeds the interior and another one at the starter. If they feel super soft or stretchy they may have blown.

·
Been there Done it
7,576 Posts
Later model have a Mega Fuse mounted below the battery near the rad support. Never seen one actually blown, but many that were cruddy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update.

Corroded wire leading to starter.
Frayed ground wire to engine block.

$20 fix!! Thank you all for your support!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts