S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my truck has 200,000 miles 4 cyl automatic 2 wheel drive. when i turn, like when i make a u turn the wheels feel like they are out of round. I have to do a 4 or 5 point turn just to make a u turn. also when driving on a slightly bumpy road the wheels start to shake violently to the point where i have to stop. I did grease all the tie rods and ball joints on the front end a week before this problem started.

· Premium Member
1999 ZR2 Bald Eagle..Visually Impaired
652 Posts
Had the se feeling in my 99 Xtreme. Literally felt like all 4 wheels were "loose bicycle wheels" and pulled to stop freaking out. Got out, checked every lug nut, visually checked (but on the side of an interstate)..turned out "hopping" while going Down the road immediately destroyed bushings, therefore letting the truck literally wobble, also blew both front bearings and bent TR ends(did not help mitigate the sensation).. all three above mentioned exactly what you need to do to start investigating, ...keep us posted...and thanks for the memory??? Lol but I'd put money on, bushings are toast, wheels prob aren't very true to begin with, and possibly bent suspension/steering component or components, doubt you greasing a few things hurt anything, or had much to do with anything at least. And how many fittings are the front end, I can only count 4/6? in my head. 5 turns to "uturn" is screaming "bent something" to me, or yall have extremely skinny roads!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.