S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Store bought ain't custom
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I just got a 2001 GMC Sonoma so I figured I would so some research. Does anyone know if the 01 sonoma came with factory fog lights? Or does anyone know what those little holes in the lower part of the front bumper are for? They look like a nice spot for some cool driving lights. Any ideas? Thanks

Thomas

·
ZQ8 Sonoma Owner
91 Posts
Hello,

Welcome tot he board. I have a 97 Sonoma, and it has factory fog lights. It looks like they used a different valence, Ive seen the ones on the base models w/ the vents/holes, and mine is completely different. I believe in 98, they started putting the "foglights" right next to the actual headlight. It kind of looks like a "fish eye" on the headlamp, but don't quote me on that. I will search for some pictures of one and post it here.

Greg Groves:D

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
imconfused said:
Hey there, I just got a 2001 GMC Sonoma so I figured I would so some research. Does anyone know if the 01 sonoma came with factory fog lights? Or does anyone know what those little holes in the lower part of the front bumper are for? They look like a nice spot for some cool driving lights. Any ideas? Thanks

Thomas
The fogs were a factory option. If they were included, they were next to the factory turn signals. Sorry, I dont have a pic of them.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i have a 98 and i think GM put those there for looks. if i wasnt gonna be buying another Envoy bumper cover and Envoy fogs i would install someoval or rectangle lights there!:thumbup:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Here's a pic of the fogs on my 99 S10. The fogs on the Sonoma were a little different and looked better IMO. The holes in the lower valance are a great place for mounting driving lights like I did. Sorry don't have any pics of those. You may have to make some mounting brackets like I did. It was really simple because the frame ends right at those holes and there are holes already in the frame. The PIAA 60's fit really nice in the holes.

Attachments

·
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I think I have seen the ones that are part of the composite headlight assembly thing. I think I want to stick something in the front valance. that would look nice

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'm not positive, but I think you might be talking about the place for the tow hooks or whatever those hooks they have... someone that I work with has a 4x4 sonoma that has hooks coming out of the air dam.

DogP

·
Registered
444 Posts
You can take the hooks off very easily. On 2wd models there is a plastic bar over the hole. All you would have to do is cut it out.

·
ZQ8 Sonoma Owner
91 Posts
Hah! I was right, I just took a stab at it because thats what the fogs looked like on the 99 I almost bought.

Greg G.:D

·
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how did you get the amber lense out of there?

·
Flippin a Blazer hurts
74 Posts
xtremer-pxl said:
bust it out...
don't listen to that crazy focker:evilg:

You have to use a hair dryer, box cutter, and 2 big fockin flathead screwdrivers to pry the back of the lamp housing apart.

If you wanna "Bust" the amber lense out, you can go ahead and "Bust" me that extra $100-150 PER Light you'd have to spend for new ones.:uhoh:

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
LayinSonomaFrame said:

don't listen to that crazy focker:evilg:

You have to use a hair dryer, box cutter, and 2 big fockin flathead screwdrivers to pry the back of the lamp housing apart.

If you wanna "Bust" the amber lense out, you can go ahead and "Bust" me that extra $100-150 PER Light you'd have to spend for new ones.:uhoh:
Why a hairdryer? Doesnt seen like that would be enough heat to get it apart...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts