S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought another blazer with 88xxx miles. Trying to relearn alot of things being used to my 95. But I was listening to my radio and then all my sound just cut out after an hour of driving. Radio still works and seems to function but there is no sound coming from any of the speakers. I do seem to have a factory amp and herd maybe the fuse could blow? I'm just not sure where to look.

·
Premium Member
1994 GMC Jimmy SLE 4.3 CPI 4x4
685 Posts
If you have the Bose system, which I think was probably available in the Trailblazer package, then the amplifier is in the center console below the 6 disc CD changer. With my experience with Bose systems in my Cadillacs, the amplifier has died in my old ‘06, once in the ‘10, requiring a new amplifier. That was all covered under warranty, not so much in your ‘01 now 20 years later so I’d hit a junkyard or eBay. You can check your fuses but if the radio is still functioning just without sound then it sounds like a dead amp.

·
Been there Done it
12,468 Posts
No highs, no lows, must be a Bose. I'd replace the whole system with parts from an 01 that didn't have the Bose. Once you get that installed and working properly you can start looking at aftermarket stuff. To go from Bose to non factory can become a Pandora's box.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have the Bose system, which I think was probably available in the Trailblazer package, then the amplifier is in the center console below the 6 disc CD changer. With my experience with Bose systems in my Cadillacs, the amplifier has died in my old ‘06, once in the ‘10, requiring a new amplifier. That was all covered under warranty, not so much in your ‘01 now 20 years later so I’d hit a junkyard or eBay. You can check your fuses but if the radio is still functioning just without sound then it sounds like a dead amp.
View attachment 351141
I think mine may be in the back passenger side corner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts