S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i decided to keep my truck.. i have a question about my heater vents.. i know its vacumm controlled so i dont understand why its not working right.. but it wont turn to any vents at all and i hear the vacumm leaking right behind the switch to turn from defrost to floor to vents etc.. and i have takin it all apart and made sure rhe vacumm was hooked up and it is.. has the switch ever went bad on anyone else?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Take it back apart and start it and look for the noise hiss, Free and where i would start. I just got a zr2 S10 so im fighting the vac system all over :haha:.

If you trace down and replace all the lines and then start with the little thing, Your much better off. If a few lines were fine, So be it they are new and you have spare line.

Sorry i cant give better advice as im new to s10/blazers, But im just doing what i did when i built salvage vehicles. Some HVAC systems fail, But not too many its usually the lines and components hooked to them. Good luck either way

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive done that and its coming from the main vacumm line that comes in so my guess is gonna be maybe the switch has a crack in it and thats how its leaking.. im just gonna go to the junk yard cause we got s10/ blazer galore here lol

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
i have seen the switches go bad, and leak.

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
there is a vacuum actuator by the gas pedal, in the dash. there is actually 2 actuators, but the top one is the one that controls the vents directly.

my buddies zr2 had the same problem and it turned out his vac system sucked up some ATF and it made it into the HVAC system which ate a hole in that actuator.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there is a vacuum actuator by the gas pedal, in the dash. there is actually 2 actuators, but the top one is the one that controls the vents directly.

my buddies zr2 had the same problem and it turned out his vac system sucked up some ATF and it made it into the HVAC system which ate a hole in that actuator.

dear beandip

you have inspired me to keep my z.. i was gonna sale it but since i seen ur build thread i am fixing mine up.. and for this i thank YOU!!! lol

p.s. i will check those acuators when it warms up a bit here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts