S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the 2000 s10 2.2 auto and every now and then i get the no start issue. some say the security light flashing is the security but mine fleshes all the time and it start 99.999% of the time. but when i have the issue is when i lock the at least drivers door as i have never tested this with the passenger door.
anyway today after locking the doors with the inside lock button and then testing it to be locked last night i had to get int he truck and so because ihave this issue every now ant then i do tests ti make it repeat.

so today i used the key and locked it and unlocked it fast and then got in and tried to start it and it would not start. i tried the mfg fob that will not let it start and so i tried the remote start fob as that has a bypass unit it it to allow it to start without the resistor key in it or close to it how ever that works, some just need the key close.

that failed as well so this issue has something to do with using the key and locking and unlocking the door. now i think i have had this happen even when i just did the unlock with the key and tried to start it and no start. so i do not really think it has anything to do with the actual procedure but after i use the door lock button.

if i do not use the door lock button i never have the issue. and yes i can just use the key to lock the door or push the manual lock on the door and not the power lock button but then i have to make sure the other door gets locked.

so what i want to do is just bypass the complete system someway. does anyone have a clue how to bypass this? thanks

·
B4U Task Force Admin
32,773 Posts
You probably nailed the problem...remote start. It impresses the girls, b ut causes a host of problems.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i do not think the remote start is the issue, that did not cause the security to engage. it has something to do with using the power lock button and then the key to unlock the door. it only happens if i lock the door but i have not yet figured out what the actual sequence is for this to happen. the reason i tried the remote was to see if by chance that would reset the security system and allow it to start. but the system had already be triggered and the remote was just doing the samething the key was doing.

there has to be a fix. if crooks cans till steal these with the security system set they have figured out how to get past that lockout. they are not going to set there for 10 minutes and take a chance getting caught stealing your car.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so what are you saying the mfg fob or the remote start fob? it is not the remote start fob as that starts the truck everytiem. i only tried it after this no start. some say lock and unlock the doors with the mfg fob 3 times but i think i did that one time and that failed. the next time this happens i will jumper the fuel relay to get the fuel pump going and see if it starts. if so i will install a toggle switch in the truck someplace to use when this happens. and everytime it happens and fi ti keeps doing is i will just jumper the acc on or the power on in the ign to keep the fuel pump on when the key is on. that will cure this issue providing it is the fuel pump that the security is holding down.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
32,773 Posts
I'd take it back to whoever installed the remote start and have them fix it. Non factory power locks cause all kinds of issues...can you imagine what remote start can cause...there's the water trough. It's up to you to drink or not.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i don't know how to tell you it is not the remote start that i installed. that has been in the truck for 20 years and works perfect. when it fails to start the remote is not being used. it has something to do with locking the doors with the power lock button and then using the key to unlock the doors. the only time i have this issue is when i lock the doors and unlock them. i mentioned that to see if i could get it to start i tried the remote start as a test and that fails as well. it will start after the 10 min setting time with or without the key in the ign. i can set in the truck with the key on for 11 minutes or i can take the key with me and go inside and go back 11 minutes later and it will start. but what i would like to find out is how to just by pass it so when it fails i can toggle a switch if needed to reset the system now and not in 11 minutes. there ahs to be a way

·
B4U Task Force Admin
32,773 Posts
i don't know how to tell you it is not the remote start that i installed. that has been in the truck for 20 years and works perfect.

It's little tidbits of info like that, that wastes our time. When did it start doin g this? Any other mods performed in the time frame of no start? Not all parts last forever....aftermarket or oem.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
32,773 Posts
Parked inside or outside? Rodents like the insulation on the wires. Sometimes they chew most of the way thru the wire..maybe a short.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok i went out and checked the bypass i have installed and the wires are ok. i can't say the module is not failing but the next time it does this i will see if i can bypass the fuel pump relay and get it to start if that works then i will rig a switch in the cab and when i have a no start i will flip the switch and go. it may not be the fuel pump but from when i have read so far that is what the security system turns off.

·
Been there Done it
14,584 Posts
No, the security system tells the PCM to turn of the injectors. Pump won't effect that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks i found that out later yesterday after tons of YT videos. i have an electronic bypass on the truck that works with the remote start system and bypasses the security system. some on this site seem to think it is because of the remote start. but this only happens when i lock the doors. if i thought that rewire would be 100% i would remove the electronic unit and test but it can't replicate this on a lets make it happen, it is erratic. if i knew just what the sequence was so that i could do it and have the security kick

if someone knows what actually make the security system mick in? like i said it only happens if i use the driver door power lock button with the door open and then close the door.

i have at that point tested the door handle to make sure it was locked and left and came back later and tired the handle to find out it was locked and then the key to open it turning the hey left right in all different patterns but have not got it so i know, so i can do it over to then cut out that electronic bypass and test the just wire the wires together.
thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts