S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, new to the forums and new to the s10 scene. I have a long journey with this project truck.
I was thinking of swapping the front end to a Sonoma’s bumper cover, grille and headlight will I have any issues requiring modifications or will it be an easy bolt off bolt on?

as well as I’m gonna be looking for a stepside bed to swap will that be an easy swap as well or what will I need.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah okay, thank you for the infor
Chvcon, the sonoma front end swap is pretty easy and straightforward. You'll need new head lights, grille, bumper, bumper cover, bumper braces and a couple of weird foam blocks. Basically take off the old stuff and put the new stuff on. LMC shows the break down. Probably take less than an hour.
Front Bumper and Components
thank you for this information, I found a guy on offer up who is selling the the headlights grille and bumper for the low and was thinking that that’s all I would need for quick simple swap.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,041 Posts
the bed swap just as simple- just make sure you get the filler neck and the hoses- they are slightly different.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How'd the front end swap go? Any pictures?
it went good, they guy I got the parts from included the bumper bar and the bolts as well so I didn’t have to go buy the bar Some where else I as well got led lights for my low beams, I will be getting leds for the high beams as later on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the bed swap just as simple- just make sure you get the filler neck and the hoses- they are slightly different.
I found 2 beds gonna decide one has damaged bumper for 250 and the other one is 400 with no dents in the bumper will be looking into buying the filler neck and hoses

·
Old Fart
3,705 Posts
it went good, they guy I got the parts from included the bumper bar and the bolts as well so I didn’t have to go buy the bar Some where else I as well got led lights for my low beams, I will be getting leds for the high beams as later on.
View attachment 341536
FYI displaying your front plate on the dash is just as illegal as no front plate so either one can get you a ticket. Your driver's side headlight looks cocked back at the top as well so you are probably blinding oncoming traffic, don't want to see you giving any more money to the state of California than you have to. 😉

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks nice. Any plans on lowering or bagging the truck? What does the future hold for it?
Will be dropping it 4/5 or 4/6
and maybe a 350 swap which a buddy a mine will sell to me when his truck is swapped.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FYI displaying your front plate on the dash is just as illegal as no front plate so either one can get you a ticket. Your driver's side headlight looks cocked back at the top as well so you are probably blinding oncoming traffic, don't want to see you giving any more money to the state of California than you have to. 😉
I will be getting a spacer and new screws for the plate since I lost the old ones during the swap, and for the headlight it probably looks like that cause of the rubber that goes around it is loose, will be getting new headlights later since these are a lil yellowed out from wear and tear, thanks for your concerns!

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,041 Posts
1- Plastix polish will bring those headlights back- and yes your left light is crocked- the bottom tabs are either not seated or the panel is bent.2- caution on the swap to the 350- last i checked Cali was a bear for emissons and OEM only parts- do your homework BEFORE gutting your dime- eits a lot more that just the engine that needs to be swapped to be legal.

·
Old Fart
3,705 Posts
As strict as California is, do your homework before you spend any money for a swap. I know for sure the engine has to be the same year as the truck or newer and it has to retain all the emissions equipment for the year of the engine. You didn't complete your profile so I don't know for sure where you live so I'm assuming from the Cali plate on the dash, and You didn't mention the year of your truck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Double check your headlights, they look like they're in wrong.
Went ahead and fixed them had to lose up the 2 bolts that push the plastic frame so I could mount it properly I’ll post a picture of them tomorrow so you can give me the okay to it🤙🏻

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1- Plastix polish will bring those headlights back- and yes your left light is crocked- the bottom tabs are either not seated or the panel is bent.2- caution on the swap to the 350- last i checked Cali was a bear for emissons and OEM only parts- do your homework BEFORE gutting your dime- eits a lot more that just the engine that needs to be swapped to be legal.
A lot of the car enthusiast out here are running illegal cali mods, but whenever I get that 350 swap I will only have the dime as a track/drag truck. But for now I’m gonna enjoy it and put my blood sweat and tears into it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts