S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Sport Wanna Be
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, my girlfriend wants to raise her 2WD S10. I want to do this myself, if I could. I know how to lower, but never went lifted anything.

What would I need and should look for when doing..

a 2" lift?

a 3 or maybe even 4" lift?

What tire sizes would fit best..
is there anything I should expect?!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
66 Posts
fabtech makes numerous options for your s10. if you're looking to go cheap(er), the 3" spindle lift is *****in. i just put it on my truck, cost about $500 overall. also, for a bit more (about $650), they have a coil spring and upper a-arm kitfor a 3" lift and a bit more wheel travel (good start for prerunner). if you want to go all out, they carry a longtravel system, with both a-arms and coils for a 6" lift and 5" increased wheel travel. CHeck them out, they make the best 2wd stuff you can find. also, for a more close to race system, camburg in hunington beach, CA makes *****in stuff, for $$$.

www.fabtechmotorsports.com
www.camburg.com

·
I GOT BLING-BLING
607 Posts
a 2 or 3" body lift would be the easiest and cheapest(around $100 or so) Also it wouldn't need hew shocks. I am thinking you could probaly clear a 27" tire(dont hold it to me) Also Rhino ha s the right idea.

·
Registered
66 Posts
umm...body lift.....grrr....

body lifts are completely useless. they might make your truck's top taller, but you still get no increase in ground clearance, wheel travel, or off road ability. (plus the gaps under the bed and the bumpers that hang down are very unsightly.)

the idea behind lifting a 2wd truck is for increased wheel travel. most of the trucks you find in the desert (glamis, ocotillo, etc.) are 2wd IFS or, even better, custom twin I-beam. And they do just as good, if not better, through the whoops and up blowsand as 4wd trucks do. As long as you have limited slip and some wheel travel, you'll be able to do alright.

lifted 2wd s-trucks look sweet, too.

in addition, if you look at baja trucks, they're all 2wd. Why? weight, simplicity, decreased chance of breakage, increased wheel travel ability, and, really, unless you're rock crawling or mudding, 4wd is essentially unnecessary.

a body lift is not recommended.

for a little comparison, a 4wd s-10 is 3" taller than a 2wd s10,

a stock s-10 can clear a 27X8.50 tire on stock 14" rims, but not any larger. i put that size BFG AT on my 82, and it gives about 1.5 inches more than stock and look killer too.

go with a real lift, something that'll not make you kick yourself every time you see, or try to use, your truck. Fabtech spindles are my recommendation for starting out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts