S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay Im new to the site, and when I say lift i dont mean I want to put a 13inch skyjacker lift...im talking about a 1-2 inch lift. I want a cool looking street truck.

my main question is- would it be too hard on a 4cly automatic? i plan on getting some larger tires-not oversized- but maybe some to fit the stock rims.

If i could get some feedback-positive or negative- that would be greatly appreicated!

open to any suggestions.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Okay Im new to the site, and when I say lift i dont mean I want to put a 13inch skyjacker lift...im talking about a 1-2 inch lift. I want a cool looking street truck.

my main question is- would it be too hard on a 4cly automatic? i plan on getting some larger tires-not oversized- but maybe some to fit the stock rims.

If i could get some feedback-positive or negative- that would be greatly appreicated!

open to any suggestions.
I have a 98 2.2l 5 speed man. It is stock, except for electric cooling fans and 3/4 ton rear springs. I run 215/75-R 15 tires. I get 27 mpg. A 1 or 2 " lift make it look more like a real truck. To me it would look cool. More air under it might drop the mileage, I don't know for sure. That deals with airo-dianamics. That is my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet man, having a stick really helps out with the mpg haha. I get around 20 city and 25 highway miles, good enough for me, but i also have the extended cab.

hell yeah, the real truck look was what I was going for. I just hate how low to the ground it sits! but with the tires-ive heard here and there that larger tires equals better mpg depending on the car and tire pressure? is this true? (I know enough about cars to get myself by-just not minute details ha).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
clean truck dude! yeah that is also part of my plan, getting some meaty tires that would help to add some height, but not an enormous amount. Ill post some pictures later of my s10 so you can get the idea of what im looking at

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@TokoDragon, that is actually the height where my truck is right now, I have some Mastercraft Avenger G/T's on my truck currently

·
Registered
207 Posts
i have 235 75's on my 1996 s10 2.2 5spd. it only rubs when i make extremely sharp turns.
I like a truck to look and ride like a truck. I plan to build a custom western hauler flatbed on my 98. As a welder that is right up my alley. Old truckers never die, they build cool rigs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have 235 75's on my 1996 s10 2.2 5spd. it only rubs when i make extremely sharp turns.
No rubs when you hit bumps either?

And based on everyones response, we all have 5 speeds as I have an automatic lol. I dont mean for this to sound dumb, but does it make a difference in power once you have some larger tires on an automatic as apposed to a manual? A buddy of mine had an 86 ranger 2wd with some meaty ass tires, but he also had a manual transmission that could really get up and go haha.

·
Registered
207 Posts
No rubs when you hit bumps either?

And based on everyones response, we all have 5 speeds as I have an automatic lol. I dont mean for this to sound dumb, but does it make a difference in power once you have some larger tires on an automatic as apposed to a manual? A buddy of mine had an 86 ranger 2wd with some meaty ass tires, but he also had a manual transmission that could really get up and go haha.
I was a truck driver some years ago and I like a stick. It makes a good place to rest your right hand. LOL They said I was born with a gear shift in my hand and backing up.( LOL again)

·
It's not rocket science!
143 Posts
Shocks don't give you lift, but full size chevy springs will. I'm sure someone here will chime in with the part # or use the search button. I'm too lazy right now to search myself.:p

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shocks don't give you lift, but full size chevy springs will. I'm sure someone here will chime in with the part # or use the search button. I'm too lazy right now to search myself.:p
well that answers alot of questions for me!:) thanks man. would it be easy swapping the springs?

·
Registered
12 Posts

open to any suggestions.
I have 96 s10 2.2l automatic an i put 3" spindles and 1.5" shackles and it actually leveled it out. I have 30X9.5 15's on it and everything did make it a little slower but not that bad. Hell it was already slow in the first place not a big deal if its just a little slower haha.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have 96 s10 2.2l automatic an i put 3" spindles and 1.5" shackles and it actually leveled it out. I have 30X9.5 15's on it and everything did make it a little slower but not that bad. Hell it was already slow in the first place not a big deal if its just a little slower haha.
haha did you notice a decrease in mpg?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts