S-10 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i have a similar issue. but the photos above are now gone. this is what i have done so far. i had a p0442 i think now code the code for a general evap system failure. anyway i took the tank down and got a new pump that turned out to be the wrong pump so after messing with that for a few days and not having any luck getting it to run i dropped the tank and again and found the pump was broken at the mounts on the top. so i put the old pump back in. then that pump blew off the pressure line at the pump, so i got a new pump and some dorman repair lines 18" long and had to use some rubber gas line to make the connections at the splice lines to the filter. so i started it and found the repair line and rubber gas line splice leaning like a fire hose so i moved the splice so i could have one clamp over the kits barb and a 2nd clam on the kits barb. the 2nd new pump i got i compared it to the original pump to make sure the wires went to the same spots and the pump hose and return were the same. they were a match

so i installed the new pump and new dorman splice kits and had a leak at the spot i had to splice the dorman kits to the rubber gas line i put in years ago. started it agan and i had a leak on the filter where the center line goes into the filter body on that bulge. i was assuming that the 5/16" pressure line went into the 5/16" center port on the filter and the 3/8" return line on the pump went to the side 3/8" line on the filter.

it seems i can't find a fuel diagram that has this filter i have so that i know if i plumbed it correctly. i do not need to plum it wrong and burn out a 200$ pump and all the site i go to show the filter with 1 inlet and 1 outlet. so i have a bastard system here so i have to know for sure on my filter what is the inlet and outlet. i know on the pump the smaller port is the pressure out and the larger port is the return. i can see the hose going to the pump and to the bowl yes this photo show a bad pump i installed a new pump but di not take a photo

Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Electrical wiring Coil
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Automotive exhaust Automotive fuel system

so genuine gm sent me this fuel system diagram it looks to me that line 24 does go to the center of the filter.
so i'm wondering why after i did the plumbing that all of a sudden the filter leaked at the spot i marked up for you to see where i had the leak at the filter

Font Parallel Auto part Line art Drawing

1 - 1 of 1 Posts