S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sharing a video I took of my 2003 4 door
Motor vehicle Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Automotive tire
crew cab frame I'm rebuilding...thank you Maine for the rusty frame! This is a helpful video and shows what to expect before you start doing a resto and some of the tools I used. Hope this helps!

Motor vehicle Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Automotive tire

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Skimmed through and watched a couple minutes of the video. Nice to see a crew cab frame, as it is only recently I learned not all 2nd generation S10 frames were flimsy. I have only owned RWD regular cab S-trucks. After carefully considering options, I used Purple Power and a gas pressure washer to prep the inside of a MI S-truck frame I did couple years ago. Given the amount of factory, waxy undercoating that still remained and difficulty in removing it; I decided to recoat the interior with copious amounts of Fluid Film. I painted the exterior of the frame after rust removal/treatment. With your frame bare, why not abrasive blast the exterior surfaces?
I looked at blasting it and found a reasonable price, a shop nearby could do it for $200 an hour and he said it wouldn't take him more than 2. This quote was before the gas hike so mula is tight lol... plus I'd have to get someone to trailer the frame to his blasting facility. From what I've seen, the rust encapsulator products are great, with basic brushes and tools I'm confident it'll be great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ Blazer frames are boxed and strong as well. Add the stiff body on top of it and IMHO it's the best option for a torquey engine.

Tagging along, I have a crew project in the works...
Yes! love the blazers...I've had 2 and I picked up a 3rd one, a 2002 ZR2 for $250 with little rust for a Mainer S10. the guy cut the rear window off and because he was hauling wood off his yard with it. rockers have some dents which chipped the paint off but it runs and goes good, will be my daughters first car. It looks kinda cool with the chop, I'm thinking of a fiberglass wall just behind the rear seats and then rhino lining the trunk.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Automotive parking light

1 - 4 of 4 Posts