S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have tryed to fined a good answer on here but i have come up with bits and peaces. i have 18" rims right now up front that was fine 3 years ago when i got them now i want to get 20" and 22" rear in the fall. what do i have to do get them up front? I am going to run a 245-35-20 tire. i plan on removing the iners,battery tray ,coolent and the computer around and washer container. BUT do i have to do anything to the firewall? truck is getting bagged within this month so i say..... lol

·
wOrk iN PrOGreSS
2,305 Posts
Ok i have tryed to fined a good answer on here but i have come up with bits and peaces. i have 18" rims right now up front that was fine 3 years ago when i got them now i want to get 20" and 22" rear in the fall. what do i have to do get them up front? I am going to run a 245-35-20 tire. i plan on removing the iners,battery tray ,coolent and the computer around and washer container. BUT do i have to do anything to the firewall? truck is getting bagged within this month so i say..... lol
if you want it to lay frame your going to need to cut and tub the firewall, notch for tierods, either cut your stock control arms or get tubed arms. if you cut your stock ones you need to piecut the uppers and dehump the lower. you going to have to remove inner fenders and everything that is on top of them. you going to have to get a smaller brake booster, move your wiring harness up about 2 inches, make a custom ac blower or remove your ac. you going to have to cut your fenders (the inside skin to clear tire) and i believe with stick you have to relocate your clutch resivor (sp?)

this is exaclty what im in the proccess of doing right now....

here is mine with a 255/35/20 on the frame

·
Registered
239 Posts
few ?. what year s10, also passenger side, heat/ac blower will be in the way. driver side u have abs and if it's a 1998-up u have the main wireing harnes. i moved all mine and did not touch the firewall.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
iv seen somone on here just fiberglass there blower box up for clearence will this work instead of doing a whole nother one

thats not too good of an idea...you could do it but you would have to make sure that if you hit a bump ridin low that it wouldnt hit it at all cause it would destory it...you would be better off makin a whole new one outa sheetmetal...it doesnt look too difficult but then again i've never built one but i plan on doing on soon.

·
Registered
249 Posts
if you want it to lay frame your going to need to cut and tub the firewall, notch for tierods, either cut your stock control arms or get tubed arms. if you cut your stock ones you need to piecut the uppers and dehump the lower. you going to have to remove inner fenders and everything that is on top of them. you going to have to get a smaller brake booster, move your wiring harness up about 2 inches, make a custom ac blower or remove your ac. you going to have to cut your fenders (the inside skin to clear tire) and i believe with stick you have to relocate your clutch resivor (sp?)

Great reply. You have it down pretty well.

·
Registered Loser
270 Posts

Got a pic of the driver side at this stage????

·
PHAT JOE
5,916 Posts

hey man what kinda rims r those? intros? they look sick as hell:cool:

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
few ?. what year s10, also passenger side, heat/ac blower will be in the way. driver side u have abs and if it's a 1998-up u have the main wireing harnes. i moved all mine and did not touch the firewall.
^^^^

Then I highly doubt you're laying out. Anything over a 25" tire requires the firewall to be tubbed.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok i have an 01 chevy s10 with a 5 speed going to run 245-35-20s. so i have to tub the fire wall out. so i have take the dash out to do that buy the sd tub kit.... sd control arms nitch the frame for tie rods? i have to move the battery in the bed washer and coolint to the core support. move the wireharness and comp to the core. move the charcoal can under the bed to the frame. where to put the brake booster where\???? and what size? anthing i have to do with the cluch shit? and i have to cut up the iners on the fenders + completely romove the iner fenders. I HAVE AN EXTREAM body kit do i have to cut that up alittle bit ??? And make a ac air box out of sheet metal. anything else guys?:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts