S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used or known someone thats used a 2-way valve before? I was juscurious to see how reliable they are. I heard somthing about how you can wear out the diaframe in it or somthing like that. I just thought it would be easier to have 1 vavle per corner instead of 2.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
I think you are refering to 3 way valves. SMC valves and similar valves are two way valves.

They suck... plain and simple... lol.

I had them, but trashed 'em for some SMC valves.

Thats my opinion of them anyway, others may say they have had no problem with 'em.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was just looking through a magazine and found what I'm talking about. Whats the difference between a 2 and 3 way valve?

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
We have three types of electric valves on todays market:

Two-Way - There are two ports, and air can flow in either direction (bi, or two, directional valves), tho air normally only flows from one port to another. SMC valves are an example of this. You have an In and Out port, tho air CAN go from Out to In if there is no backpressure on the IN side.

Three-Way - Not common in todays air suspensions, as four-way valves, are normally used, but these provide a similar function. Each valve has three ports. A IN, OUT, and DUMP, where IN comes from the tank, OUT goes to the bag, and DUMP, dumps the bag. These valves are normally spool valves that are very crappy, and leak over time because the o-rings that are supposed to seal the valves, break down and crack over time. This can cause valves to stick, or leave you with a truck that can't lift off the ground.

Four-way valves - The very commonly seen valves that AIM industires, for example, sells. They have 5 ports on them. IN, OUT1, DUMP1, OUT2, DUMP2. These valves are also used to only control one corner of the truck, even though they have outputs for a second bag. The way it works with these valves... when you fill OUT1, DUMP2 opens, and vice versa, OUT2 open, means DUMP1 is open. So you could hit sides perfectly with this valve, but you could never have a level truck. The downsides to these valves, are the same as the three-way valves.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AHHHH, why does this world have to be so complicated!!!!11 I guess I'll just go traditional and keep the good old 1-ways.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
GreenWenvy said:
AHHHH, why does this world have to be so complicated!!!!11 I guess I'll just go traditional and keep the good old 1-ways.

I think the description was a little too complicated.
It's very simple.
with 2 way valves you need 2 per corner. 1 to fill your bag and 1 to dump the air out.
with the 3 way valves you only need one. It has a port to fill and a dump built into itself.
I reccomend you get the 2 way for the speed and that they're more reliable. :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts