S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Microsoft Certified Nerd
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm about to do the caddy conversion on my truck and was wondering if someone could tell me if the grant kustoms hand formed fillers for $119 from suicide doors are really worth the extra buck over the usual 30 dollar fillers. If it means way less bodywork, then count me in. I'd like to hear from some people that have used both please.

Now with the ecc step shaver kit, I want to mold it all together. not to the body but just the 3 seperate pieces that make the kit. What would be the best way to mold those pieces together since they're made of ABS plastic? This is my first attempt at bodywork and I don't want to make it look like ass, my welding skills are pretty good but beyond that I'm a guppie in the body world. A list of items I should have to get the job done and ready for paint would be awesome so I can be sure I'm not missing anything I need.

Thanks guys

·
HI!
1,050 Posts
i think if you want to mold them all together, you'll be better off buying the $600 metal step shaver kit. I have the plastic ones and they flex way too much for me to trust molding them all togheter, and the gaps aren't small either

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought the metal stepshavers by Grant Kustoms from Can Do Specialties. I still haven't installed them yet but when I do I will let you know how they work.

·
Microsoft Certified Nerd
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I decided from input i got through some guys on s-series that molding the kit would just be a waste of time due to normal body flex. Not to mention i drag it as well so thats gonna be a no no on molding. I would totally buy the metal shavers but there isn't a metal shaver kit for Xtremes. Sorry I forgot to mention it was an X.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts