S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
EpicenterDesigns.com
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First question.......my stock exhaust is starting to create an odor. I don't know how long it has been going on, but ever since I have tore it apart and have no carpet on the inside, the smell is terrible at idle. What is it?

Second question.......I want to get a new muffler. What I DO want is a low sound. What I DO NOT want is an over-powering sound that is going to rumble everything and drown out the stereo or conversations inside the truck.

I've heard Flowmaster non-delta was the way to go, but also heard people saying how loud it makes their truck sound down the road. Then I hear the Flowmaster delta series sound like ricers, and some say they sound like I want them to. Any suggestions?

I have a 97 2 door Blazer, about to be bagged. And the exhaust will probally have a turn-down before the axel. With the turn-down behind the factory muffler, would that lower the sound?

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
the smell could be an exhaust, or the cat going bad. i never thought my Flow was too loud, but i rarely think anything is too loud. and also, i dont think its legal to have turndowns on a Blazer, since the exhaust exit would be under the cab area, and wouldnt pass inspection that way. doubt keeping the stock muffler and adding a turndown would make much of a differemce.

·
EpicenterDesigns.com
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MuddyS10 said:
and also, i dont think its legal to have turndowns on a Blazer, since the exhaust exit would be under the cab area, and wouldnt pass inspection that way.
No inspections crap here in FL. :clap:

·
12,507 Posts
well, if you LIKE getting f*cked up on carbon monoxide...you dont have yearly vehicle inspections? i thought every state does? not emissions, vehicle inspection. the sticker that goes on the windshield.

·
EpicenterDesigns.com
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MuddyS10 said:
well, if you LIKE getting f*cked up on carbon monoxide...you dont have yearly vehicle inspections? i thought every state does? not emissions, vehicle inspection. the sticker that goes on the windshield.

Do not have them here. And the exhaust would be right in front of the axel, so I wouldn't be getting that f-up.

·
12,507 Posts
wow you're lucky as shit then. turndowns would make whatever muffler you put on louder, but it will be LOUD more likely than not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts