S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 2 Door SLS Jimmy. The spare tire mounted inside the trunk, as many know, absolutely kills the trunk space.

Is there anyone that has found a good tire mount to mount the tire on the tailgate, much like you see alot of 2 Door Blazers have them?

Is it possible to remove the mounting from a Blazer and install it on a Jimmy if I find one in a junk yard or find parts?

·
Mine Sweeper!
6,512 Posts
I've even seem people do the tailgate mount with a 4 door. It's possible yes, and I would assume it would fit just fine too since it's a two door. The only thing is you'll hafto reinforce the body panel behind where it connects to the rear passenger side of the truck really well otherwise the tire mount could easily shear off and mess that body panel up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, if anyone who is parting out a Blazer which has (or comes across) the rear tiremount that they are parting out.... PLEASE reply. :D

·
By Vin# only I Guess
903 Posts
I got everything you need!!!!! the tailgate plate, the wing arm even the spare tire if you want haha, only thing is its painted cherry red met but ill sell it really cheap just to get out of my garage! PM or email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
137 Posts
The paint on mine is wearing off to the left of the release lever. I am relocating the tire bracket to far right as possible; Install a lockable ammo canister to the left then powder coating mini black texture or gloss black.

As for mkjimmy, you’re really going to have a hard time installing it. I would suggest tailgate with the receiver installed. If I am right, tailgates that don't have a spare tire are not reinforced. Then you’re going to have to modify the passenger side rear so It could handle the weight of the bar and tire. Since the tire is near the center of the bar it will increase the load on those torx bolts.

By any chance is your gas tank located before the axle? If so it could be possible to mount the tire underneath the cargo area after the axle

·
32,797 Posts
RangerS10 said:
By any chance is your gas tank located before the axle? If so it could be possible to mount the tire underneath the cargo area after the axle
No, there is no room under the rear of the truck of the 2drs. That's why the spare got moved inside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts