S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Molon Labe
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my drop spindles tonight. Total of 3" in the front with suspension drop, and the 235/55's are about an inch shorter than stock... so 4" lower.

The final picture taken at 1/1 right before I pulled it into the garage:

Started out by painting them silver metallic so they wouldn't get covered in rust after a week:

Took off the original steering knuckle for a comparison pic:

Pic from the backside after install:

And finally back on the gound:

Closer:

I'll be putting on the 3" blocks tomorrow morning.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Looks really good. Zq8s will forever be one of the sexiest OEM wheels ever.

·
Molon Labe
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks really good. Zq8s will forever be one of the sexiest OEM wheels ever.
Every model has their best wheel.... but yes... I LOVE ZQ8's. I may replace them with ZR1's one day.. but for now. I'll enjoy these.

Nice Grant. Should be looking real good now.
Thanks man, lookin forward to seein that dash finished.

·
Molon Labe
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
100% totally agree.

how long did it take to put the spindles on??? from tear down to ready to drive it.
Hard to say. I took a long break to go borrow a grinder from my dad's shop... then ate dinner at his house, then got back to work.

I work slowly too and do more than necessary (i.e. paint shit) so it probably took me about 5 hours.
NOTE: I've taken this all apart about 3 times in my poly bushing squeak battle royal. So everything was rust free and easy to break loose.

Started at 4, took the break at 4:45 (it was mostly torn down by then), went back to work on it at 6:30ish, finished up around 10:30... and broke a cheap 3/8" driver while torquing the lug nuts... so its not driveable yet. :(

·
Molon Labe
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW, I think I figured out the chevy lean mystery.

I think the driver's side upper control arm mounts are higher than the pass side. Ever noticed the pass side shock being easier to get an open ended wrench on than the driver's side?

·
**** YOU
18,901 Posts
cool man. my coils and spindles should be here tomorrow according to fed ex. so if it is im gonna slap some paint on them, and pick up some more flat black or something to do inside the fenderwells etc while in im there... and friday not take a lunch and get off at 4 and knock it out.

make sure to get some good pics with it all done! makes me want zq8's! asshole!

·
**** YOU
18,901 Posts
BTW, I think I figured out the chevy lean mystery.

I think the driver's side upper control arm mounts are higher than the pass side. Ever noticed the pass side shock being easier to get an open ended wrench on than the driver's side?
and i didnt know that blazers had the chevy lean?? my blazer was about a 1/4" off at stock height and the saem dropped 3". i thought s10's had it cause the gas tank??

·
Molon Labe
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool man. my coils and spindles should be here tomorrow according to fed ex. so if it is im gonna slap some paint on them, and pick up some more flat black or something to do inside the fenderwells etc while in im there... and friday not take a lunch and get off at 4 and knock it out.

make sure to get some good pics with it all done! makes me want zq8's! asshole!
Sounds like a plan. I prefer gloss or semi gloss on the inners though... I used flat and it got dirty too quick. It's shadowed enough in there that you won't see the shine anyway.

o, and quit your whining.. mr. I have a nice bagged first gen on 20's and a nice daily thats been dropped. :haha:

and i didnt know that blazers had the chevy lean?? my blazer was about a 1/4" off at stock height and the saem dropped 3". i thought s10's had it cause the gas tank??
Mine's been 3/4" off since I can remember. I'll see if I can snap some pics of the control arm mounts for comparison. Its just a theory so far.

i should have painted my spindles before i put them in, but i wanted my shit low and did not have time. mine had rust after a couple days too.

that blazer looks good man.
Preesh.
Its never too late for some sand blasting and a little rattle can while they're still on there. :)

·
**** YOU
18,901 Posts
Sounds like a plan. I prefer gloss or semi gloss on the inners though... I used flat and it got dirty too quick. It's shadowed enough in there that you won't see the shine anyway.

o, and quit your whining.. mr. I have a nice bagged first gen on 20's and a nice daily thats been dropped. :haha:

Mine's been 3/4" off since I can remember. I'll see if I can snap some pics of the control arm mounts for comparison. Its just a theory so far.

Preesh.
Its never too late for some sand blasting and a little rattle can while they're still on there. :)
its only half bagged.. and its got rust:( o well certifit is only 30 minutes away! lol.. enough of my whoring! check out mirrors! haha not even installed FTL

·
I have a wheel fetish !
2,678 Posts
looks good man !

i did the same thing to my belltech drop spindles, pulled them straight out of the box and threw'em in the blast cabinet then coated them with POR15. :tup:

·
Molon Labe
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looks good man !

i did the same thing to my belltech drop spindles, pulled them straight out of the box and threw'em in the blast cabinet then coated them with POR15. :tup:
Haha, no blast cabinet here, and POR15 is expensive (especially for southern driving weather)... so its duplicrap for me.:haha:

Thanks for the compliment though. I know you've got a wheel fetish.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Sweet I look forward to some daytime pics with the 3" blocks installed as well!

·
No More SS
1,100 Posts
looking good. cant wait to see it on the ground.

·
Molon Labe
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Blocks installed; no outdoor pics yet. I was the only one home and didn't have an extra hand/foot to bleed the brakes after I flipped the rear brake lines.

On with the teasers.

I sprung for some JTR solid billet 3" blocks. After reading all of their info on the site, I was sold.

Comparison with the (assumed) autozone universal blocks:

Great Success:

Yeah, yeah, you caught me. Didn't use a catch bucket for the brake fluid. Shame on me. :2far:

I got called in to work tonight. :rant: So there won't be much further progress for a day or two.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts