S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 93 s10 that seemed to run good, but took it for smog and its running rich, i started by doing a spark plug, wires, cap and rotor replacement, than changed out the map sensor engine temperature sensor, and installed new injectors. Took it for smog again and still running rich, so I replaced the o2 sensor and did a tbi rebuild and checked the wiring on the cap after reading up on the firing as 123456 one on the passenger side, so decided to replace the pick up coil, pulled the distributor replaced it along with the o ring cause it was leaking and now the truck starts but sounds rough and like its knocking can anyone help with setting the timing correctly.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
You probably didn't get the distributor stabbed in the correct position.

You need to get the rotor lined up with the engine position.

Easiest way is to bring the engine up on TDC #1, restab the distributor to align the rotor with the #1 terminal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You probably didn't get the distributor stabbed in the correct position.

You need to get the rotor lined up with the engine position.

Easiest way is to bring the engine up on TDC #1, restab the distributor to align the rotor with the #1 terminal.
Thank you, I removed the distributor and reinstalled at tdc pointing towards #1 at passenger side with 123456 firing order and now it starts right up timed it at 8, and now it starts no problem idles descent but has a slight hesitation at acceleration, no check engine light, but does hesitate a little not sure if I should take it to get rechecked again for smog yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts